Mel Kiper Jr. 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Kurt, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Heard this morning on 105.3 The Fan that Houston will take Manziel at #1. He loves Houston and Houston loves him. Stay tuned.

2. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

O'Brien doesnt seem like the guy to take Manziel honestly. I have heard he loves Bortles too.

The Browns LOVE Manziel. I bet this is to lure them into a trade and attempt to grab both of their 1st round picks

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Cleveland may love Manziel, but does Manziel love Cleveland? That's the question. His agency company that represents him is in Houston. I think that's important.

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Its the same company that is famous for representing Lebron, who is from Cleveland. If Houston doesnt love him then it doesnt really matter.

I cant imagine Manziel would pass on throwing to the WR that just lead the NFL in receiving.

5. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

They will end up trading out. Houston will get 2 first round picks and maybe and additional 2nd round pick. Still get the guy they want in Bortles at #4. They will have 4 of the first 36 picks and add to an already talented roster

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

They will end up trading out. Houston will get 2 first round picks and maybe and additional 2nd round pick. Still get the guy they want in Bortles at #4. They will have 4 of the first 36 picks and add to an already talented roster

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

People say all kinds of crap, nobody knows right now what's going to happen. It's all guessing, for everything you hear there is an opposite report. As an example, one of the better Browns reporters has already said the team won't trade a pick in the first three rounds this year, so someone is wrong.

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Once again, I want to punch Kiper square in that big freaking nose.

I get the BPA theory, and I'm usually behind it. But when you have Nate Allen and Patrick Chung as your starting safeties, you really have no choice but to go safety, and early. Even trading up to get the guy you really want if you must.

Aussie61 likes this.
  9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This. So much changes every year from the end of the NFL season to actual draft day. Needs change because of free agency, guys fall and rise all over the damn place because of workouts/combine/crap dug up on them from the past...

There is no Andrew Luck or RG3 in this draft. No one knows what will happen. Educated guesses at the very best.

Aussie61 likes this.
  10. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Thats not entirely true and please dont include RG3 with Luck as some sort of star or sure thing. Bridgewater can be every bit of what RG3 is.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What part isn't true? I see it as completely true.

And Luck and RG3 were rock solid #1 and #2 overall pick when the college season ended to draft day. There was no way in hell that those two were going any lower than that. Anyone who said otherwise was not informed.

Aussie61 likes this.
  12. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

It isnt true that there isnt a RG3 in this draft. Is there a Luck? No. But RG3 never had the hype that Luck did and nobody viewed him to be as good as Luck. Sure he was a top 5 lock but so is Bridgewater. Many view him as just as good of a prospect.

13. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

On our local sports station, no one has reported anything about Houston wanting Manziel at #1. The people hyping up Manziel around here are Aggies and a few reporters. Some guy even paid for a billboard to get Manziel with the 1st pick.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

When Bridgewater becomes a starter he'll inform the media that his name is Ted or Theodore, not Teddy.

15. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

To go off our previous conversation about Manziel, go look at some tape on Aaron Murray if you havent already. Thats what an undersized QB should be. Looks like a young Drew Brees.

16. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I disagree Bridgewater is a lock for the top 5.I've read a couple of scouts who don't think he's even a first rounder,and many say he will be over drafted,same as Manziel.

17. markaz

Dude...I appreciate your efforts to educate me on the finer points of QB evaluation, but you're missing one simple fact. I don't give a crap about who goes No. 1, 5, 13 or 126th. Manziel is just a pure guess because of the Texas connection and no other reason. Smartest choice? Maybe not, but time will tell.
    Give me some constructive info on the Cards draft. You're far more into the evaluations and needs of teams than I am. But if you say anything other than OT (if the Cards don't get one in FA) then you will enter my Ignore List. ;) Thanks for looking after my old. crusty ass.

Aussie61 likes this.
  18. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Lol ya it would be a huge mistake for the Cards to go with anything other than OT in the 1st. Only way I see them going with a different position is if they grab some FA or OTs fly off the board in which case a very good player will fall to them.

Im thinking Lewan, Martin, Kouandjio, or Richardson. If they arent there, they will move to something else because anyone else would be a reach

19. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Scouts are crazy. The guy has been highly touted for a few years, then all of a sudden the season ends and suddenly people hate his frame?? He has had that frame this whole time. He can still read defenses better than Griffin could, better passer overall as far as release, mechanics, and how he moves in the pocket. I feel some of it is a smoke screen

20. markaz

Hoping Martin makes it to #20.