Merriman To Put His Career On The Line, He Will Play

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by BoltzRule, Aug 27, 2008.

1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He'll deal with it when it's time to get surgery? That time should be NOW! It's not worth risking your career!

3. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

not a smart move on his part

4. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

That's an understatement. He's taken one to many blows to the head.

5. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:agreed:

6. DaBearsrule4ever

I give him the first game or two to get carted off the field, BOLD PREDICTION.

7. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Freaking idiot.Those roids have really hecked with his brains

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I thought it was a sure thing he'd opt for the surgery. Kind of shocked he's willing to risk that much.

9. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Especially in the division we play in. Even if you guys didn't have him I would pick you to win the West this year. It's boneheaded. His coaching staff and agent should talk some sense into him.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Not only is he risking his career BUT he's risking tearing more knee ligaments that are yet to be torn.

11. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Not smart at all.

12. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

This really is a no-brainer to me. Miss the season or have a chance of saying goodbye to your career!? Is it just me or are people becoming more and more goobered?

13. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

If I'm not mistaken, Merriman was the player who said that if the Chargers don't win the Super Bowl this year he believes that the front office would start to break the team up.

It's the only reason I can think of that he isn't thinking past this season and trying to protect his career. Otherwise this is very risky and very stupid on his part.

14. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

freaking moronic move on his part

15. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Not to sound like a ass, but the first time he makes a play and does the stupid lights out dance, you can look for players to be looking for his knees. Players in the NFL will try to take advantage of any situation.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

They won't break up the team but it's likely a big player will need to be let go, so we can sign the others, and most signs are pointing at Merriman as being that player. Especially if he wants to be the highest paid pass rusher.

The Chargers have to re-sign Rivers, McNeil, Igor, Cromartie, Merriman, Chambers, and Vincent Jackson. Between now and 2010, and it's not likely we'll be able to afford all of them.

btw he's played with the injuries since he suffered the LCL from the cheap shot in the Titans game (the one where they though SM's hit on Vince was a cheap shot and Merriman accused Fisher of taking a hit on him).

Although I'm not sure if they're as serious as it was last season.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is his last chance to win a Super Bowl before he winds up taking the money and ending up in Atlanta...

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Cant the coaches keep him from playing?

19. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I would have thought so and they really should.

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

He's signed until 09 so he could have waited until next season. As far as the coaches holding him out it won't happen. The only way this makes sense is if it wasn't as serious as it was being reported. Although every knee injury is serious.