Merriman To Put His Career On The Line, He Will Play

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by BoltzRule, Aug 27, 2008.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Two torn ligaments is serious.

2. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Funny. He shouldnt even be thinking of it...

Osi your smart.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wow. Just wow.

What a freaking idiot.

4. youstolethatball

youstolethatball beer belly budda

Well said, this is just an idiotic desicion.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The team could force hi to get surgery and keep him from playing.

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Apparently Merriman said the injury isn't career threatening and that the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

This was from a press conference today. I didn't see it but that's what the people who saw it is saying.

7. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

So does he have two torn knee ligaments or not? I've heard one is the PCL which is not even close to career ending but what is the other? If it's the LCL, he should be okay. I still think he's making the wrong choice.

8. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I am not happy with this former Terrapin.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

He has the PCL injury, which I think he's had since 06, and he has the LCL injury which he suffered last season when the Titans gave him a cheap shot, he played 5 games after that plus a Pro-Bowl.

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

See you for this season. This will prob be your last.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

It won't be his last. At worst he just wouldn't be as dominate as he was the first 3 seasons. He'd still be a good quality LB.

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

roids done gone to his head, he does this, might as well :fork: cause he'll be ruined if it gets any worse.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the injury gets worse, it could be career threatening, so this season could be his last. No matter how you look at it, it's a bad call on his part.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Not really the guy is what? 23, 24? He's extremely young and has a lot of talent, maybe if he was in his 30's and in the decline it would but he'll be able to come back but it wouldn't be at an elite level, maybe a solid starter. Whether Merriman would want to put in all the work to rehab would be up to him though.

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

He's been playing on one of the injuries for over a year and the newer one he got 5 games and a pro bowl out of. Four doctors said he needed surgery but none stepped forward to the front office of the Charges and said "DO NOT PLAY"

Face it, He takes a gamble this year on a VERY good team and probably the best team he will ever be on in hopes for a Super Bowl. He's young enough to work through a rehab if he blows out his knee.

So the only risk he takes is passing up a very good shot at a Super Bowl. He can afford the time spent recovering ( A year or so) whether it is this year or the next...or the next.

You people are acting like nobody has ever blown out a knee and come back to play before...*Cough McGahee Cough* *cough GORE cough*

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So was this injury that he's been playing with the reason he was roiding last year?

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

The Chargers told him to get the surgery after the 07 season ended Merriman decided not to.

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I thought it was his rookie year he got busted?

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

2nd year, last season was his 3rd year. Merriman suffered the PCL in 06, the LCL from a cheap shot by the Titan in 07.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So he didn't miss 4 games last year?

You're right.

It was 2 years ago.