Merriman To Put His Career On The Line, He Will Play

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by BoltzRule, Aug 27, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Cue the inevitable week five headline: Breaking News....Merriman injures knee. Career now in doubt.

I'm sorry, but when you have Dr. James Andrews (the best surgeon in the world) and the Mayo Clinic (the best medical facility in the world) telling you playing may be the WORST idea since Mr and Mrs Hitler had unprotected s*x, yet you go ahead and play anyways...??

Karma better be Merriman's best friend.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You got it backwards.

Merriman better be Karma's best friend or he's hecked.

3. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

eh...No matter what happens prepare yourselves for "He's doing this on a tore up knee" "He's playing on a knee with torn ligaments" Blah...blah ..blah... Then, as if thats not enough we will be force fed hundreds of in depth interviews where the reporters slobber all over his superhuman abilities....oh, and then NFL network will make a commercial with him and we'll get to see it every set of commercials for the next 5 years...Yay!!:icon_frown:

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

LMAO, I was thinking the exact samething yesterday.

You would like to think they would. If I were the head coach of that team, theres no way i'd let Merriman play with two torn knee ligaments.

5. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Merriman got busted in 06 for the roids.

7. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

This could be horrible for him. Risking his career to play. If i was his team, i would rather that he get the surgery and be able to play after the surgery and rehab.

8. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Every player risks his career on every play and every down.....there is no difference here with Merriman....

stop buying into the drama already...

9. Matt314hew

Yeah everyone does put their career on risk every play, but saying you are going to continue to play after you have been told that you should have the surgery is just idiotic.

10. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

he's a freaking idiot!

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

no one knows ne body like that person and some you knowya can play plus he will probboly be wearing a super dupper knee brace to prevent his knee from sliding which is the worst thing that can happen bc the the ligament are torn already what elese can happen. as long as the brace keeps the knee in its place he will be fine the cartlige is what they are worried most about bc ya can replace it but the ligament you can

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Basing all this on ifs, how about this what if

He plays through this season with no problem, wins a Super Bowl championship and is elected to yet another Pro Bowl while accumulating 10+ more sacks and then gets the surgery and retires, cementing his HOF status in the process...

Hows that for a big "what if"

13. Matt314hew

That is a huge what if. There could be a million what if's. And all in all, it is his decision.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Merriman is playing with two of 4 knee ligaments toen. Risky? Yes but if he makes it to the reward in Tampa, Florida at the end of the season remains to be seen.

15. Matt314hew

but isn't it the team behind him that has to get him to tampa? Even if he wouldn't play and his team gets to tampa, he feels good, knowing they got to the Super Bowl. Would feel better to be part of it. So i can see where he is coming from to want to play.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

The Chargers have to get to Tampa first because in the AFC with the Colts and Patriots, there are no guarantees.

17. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Week 1.

First play.

Carolina calls a sweep.

Helmet to Merriman's knee.

Season Over. Career Over.

Guess he be gettin surgury now! :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_rolleyes: