Mets Fire Willie Randolph

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

WWWWHHAAAAT!!!!!!! WWWHHHYYYYYYYYYY!:icon_cheesygrin:

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damn...I had McLaren in the Office pool.

BTW, Bears 88...you need a link. Always put a link when you bring an article. And don't copy it, for God's sake :icon_rolleyes:

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea your right it was a matter of time. I thought he was going to get fired long before this. they brought him all the on the other sdeof the country to play a game in which they end up winning. then abiout an houre or so after the game tell him your fire. classy move by the Mets

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I also thought it was a strange way to be fired. Surprised it didn't happen sooner.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

why not do it saturday when the mets made the decision instead of dragging these guys out to california ?

total joke of an organization from top to bottom.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Na Na Na Na.. Hey Hey Hey... Goodbyeee!

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

omar needs to be next. he put this team together.

9. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

The timing was definitely whack. They get swept by the struggling Padres and he keeps his job, only to lose it after winning 3 of 4, including a win against the AL West-leading Angels. Go figure. I'm also surprised they kept the hitting coach. I thought they would clean house completely.

You hate to see people lose their jobs, but I love to see the Mets falling apart.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

:word:

12. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

What the heck! What an undignified, cowardly, classless, Mickey Mouse way of doing business. You should have fired him on May 26th, the day of the meeting of the minds. Fred, Jeff, Omar you have blood on your hands and it looks very ticky tacky, even embarrassing. Firing him on the west coast under the cloak of darkness, not having the balls to face the media for 14 hours. Shame on the 3 of you. Resembles a drunken Boob Irsay leaving Baltimore with the Colts in the Mayflower trucks in the cloak of darkness and snow. What, You didn't want to fire him on Fathers Day? Instead Willie flies 3000 miles to win a ballgame and gets the ax @ midnight. Twisting the knife while pulling it out of his butt puts blood on all your hands. Can't wait for Omar's presser @ 5:00 pm (est).

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea they fired him out on the west coast lol

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

15. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

I think it's pretty cold-blooded how they did it, though. Why wait to go out to California and do it in the middle of the night?

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just love seeing the mets fail.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Mets are goobered. I would expect nothing less from them.

18. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

You can watch the live press conference with Minaya on mlb.com right now. Should be very interesting stuff, worth cfreaking out.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im watching it on espn right now.

20. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Implosion of The Mets. Omar spewing diarrhea of the mouth and talking in circles. And Jerry Manuel joking with reporters, acting like he just hit the lottery. You would think that a Hollywood screen writer wrote this whole scenario. Shame.