METS ON THE VERGE OF CHOKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by TDJets72027, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

AL east is much TOUGHER than the NL East, let's see the Phillies & Mets beat the Red Sox, Rays, and Yankees.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

:moe:

too bad we won't have the chance to beat the yanks.

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_rolleyes:

No substance...

The thought of facing Sidney Ponson gives me shivers. :icon_cry:

As for beating the Sox and Rays, we may have a chance to do so in October. More than the Yankees can say.

4. TDJets72027

We won the season series vs the Rays, and were beating the red sox late in the season.:icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^ awesome, where did that get you come october ?

6. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

it was too late...

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea the marlins are the poisen to the mets playoffs. Twice in two years is pretty bad. But TDJ, I recall the yankees losing to the marlins about 5 years ago. I forget what it's called but it was during october. Oh yea it was the superbowl.:icon_cheesygrin:

8. TDJets72027

That was a fluke.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreee it was. And im not really fat it's all air in my gut.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The 2001 and 2003 World Series, my two favorite World Series of all time. (besides the 2005 World Series) Oh, don't forget the 2004 ALCS, ROFLMAO!

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

what about the 3-0 alcs lead you gave up to the sox ? fluke ?

face it, nobody cares about the yanks anymore, why eles would MLB let the mets play their final regular season series at shea and but make the yanks end the year on the road ?

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Funny how this shut TDJ up, roflmao.

13. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Yeah, when they don't care because they're locked into their post season spot already.

14. TDJets72027

Oh wait, where were the White Sox in those series? In their couch watching the Yankees in those series. LMFAO!:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

You make me laugh mentioning the 2004 ALCS. Where were your teams then? Watching the playoffs at home.:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'd rather see my team in last place that see them blow away a 3-0 lead :icon_confused:

16. TDJets72027

4 times, had a chance of going to the WS:icon_cheesygrin:
    Last place - not even seeing the playoffs.

Do you hate the Yankees more than you like the Mariners?

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Nah...I think the Yankees are pathetic. All those stars and can only make it to 3rd in their division. All that money spent, and no championships for 7 years and counting.

18. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

...and no pitching as well.

19. TDJets72027

There's still parity in the MLB. It's not like people expected the Yankees to go 162-0 and then go 12-0 in the playoffs.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

What did the White Sox do the very next year? Thought so... Atleast haven't choked away a 3-0 lead in a best of 7 series before.