Mike Alstott---Future Hall Of Fame?

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by Saintsfan1972, Jan 26, 2008.

?

Future Hall of Fame?

1. Yes

65.5%
  2. No

34.5%
  1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

5,088 yards
    58 TD's
    305 receptions
    2,284 yards receiving
    3.7 yards per carry
    6 pro bowls
    1 Superbowl Ring

2. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Mike Alstott--- Future Hall Of Fame?

Added poll

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I'm going to say yes to this, I know it's a hard decision, just felt like he was always the mold of what a fullback should be.

4. Saintsfan1972

thank you kind sir

5. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

He should

He's the best FB of the modern era (2000s on)

Not one of the best ever, but the FB position has changed so much

FBs Larry Csonka, Jim Brown and John Riggins were all feature backs of their team

6. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I say yes as well. He was a tough fullback who could pound it in on short yardage situations and he could block, quite well.

7. efunk_adelic

efunk_adelic bolt fanatic

yes possibly... but not right away

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I say Mr. Alstott should be in Canton one day.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He bothered the Pack two times a year, back in the NFC Central days with his powerfull running game. I say: "HoF"

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah I agree. I don't think he should get in when he's on his first ballot. Down the line...sure.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Anyone that defines their position should go into the Hall, which Mike did, so yes, he should be in there, just as long Marshall goes in before him.

12. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

As far as HoF status can go for a Fullback in this modern era, Mike Alstott thoroughly deserves to be nominated to the Hall of Fame in a few years time. He did a lot for the Buccs and he was unlucky to go out after a season missed due to injury.

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I put no to the poll because I really didn't think he had the numbers to get in.......after thinking on it and reading the other posts I think I'm swaying back to the other side of him getting in. He did define the position for which it is now, and he was one tough sob.

14. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Mike Alstott is the last known FB that wrecked havoc on Defenses. He doesn't have solid numbers but when he was called upon it clearly speaks for itself. He also is Tampa Bay's TD leader and IMO he will in time be in the HOF.

15. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I don't really think you can associate numbers with a positions like the fullback one or any on the O line. But yes, they probably do help a lot.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

17. Count Von Adequate

Count Von Adequate Emperor of Hordakia

Hall of Kickass? Yes. Hall of Fame? No. His numbers aren't even close to what a modern halfback needs to get in and who was the most recent fullback to get in? The position just gets ignored. In truth, he was more of a hybrid anyway, rather than a traditional fullback.

18. Saintsfan1972

Larry Csonka

19. Count Von Adequate

Count Von Adequate Emperor of Hordakia

That's what I'm talking about. No fullback from the past 30 years (give or take) has gotten in. Rightly or not, it's become an ignored position, which has to hurt Alstott's chances. Fullbacks aren't getting in and he doesn't have the numbers to get in like a halfback.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The 'Moose' Jonstone comes to mind. Without him, Emmit Smith is "just another RB".