Mike Mayock OR Mel Kiper, Jr. ???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Personal Preference? I for one am very happy to see a "fresh face" to look leading up to and during the draft. Mel Kiper and ESPN is just played out for me. Last years draft was very enjoyable to watch (as much as a draft can be) with out having to listen to Chris Berman blowing Mel Kiper.

There is a BIG BIG difference where they have McFadden. Mayock has him out of the Top 10 (#16) and Kiper has him #1...

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I think mayock's ratings are better, and am looking forward to watching no kiper jr this year

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Mayock's been doing a better job the last coupla of years. Screw Mel.

4. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I least agree with Mayock's mock, but I don't like Kiper's either. IF I had a choice to pick one of them I'd go with Kiper. :icon_eek:

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Mayock for me. Mel Kiper's nothing but a blowhard IMO who pops up once a year to earn a paycheck and has had his role limited more and more by ESPN because his shtick is old and played. Mayock is on point and watching him break down film is on point.

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I've thought Kiper was on some agent's payroll for years. Never been impressed with his choices. I agree with Mayock when it comes to McFadden. Did he have amazing career with Arkansas? Yep....was he a product of his system just like Reggie Bush? I think so...people talk about gimmick offenses with players like Tebow yet don't consider the Wild Hog offense gimmicky?
    I think McFadden will make it in the NFL but he isn't a top 5 pick. Maybe just barely a top ten.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is thinking Mayock is more "qualified" than Kiper. You're dead on Steve about Mayock breaking down films...he finds a lot of the little things about a player and tries to transform them into the NFL. Kiper alwyas seems to me to just go off of a players "college career." Which does nothing as far as the NFL goes.

Mayock feels that McFadden is too small in his lower body. In the NFL he'll come down with arm tackles. He also blasted anyone who is saying he is even close in class to Adrian Peterson.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Exactly what I was saying about McFadden.
    I think he can make it in NFL but he isn't AP and will have to fit into a system. He had a GREAT college career but that doesn't make an NFL career.

9. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

Mayock knows his crap. Kiper is jus some goober with a bad haircut.

10. happ

happ PECAVI

Anybody who puts Kiper ahead of Mayock needs to have their posting privileges revoked. I'm not kidding about that.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Mike Mayock for me, although I don't agree with his QB, RB or WR rankings (IMO Jonathan Stewart ahead of Medenhall/McFadden, Brohm ahead of Ryan & Henne, Malcolm Kelly ahead of Sweed etc.)

12. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I really like Mike Mayock and the way he's looking at the draft this year. I agree with almost all of his rankings and like watching NFL Total Access when he comes on and talks his stuff. :icon_wink:

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I don't like either one of em, if I had a gun held to my head and had to pick who's rankings were better I would say......pull the trigger.:2gunsfiring_v1:

I will say one thing though,,,,no way Mcfadden falls out of the top 5 or 6, he may be the second coming of Reggie Bush but someone will take him just off his speed and potential alone, doesn't matter how he translates to the pro's.

14. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Mayock is better on most things, but he's crazy if he thinks DMac isn't worth a Top 20 pick.

15. MonkeyCoR

MonkeyCoR Bleed Blue and Orange

I got kiper ahead by a smidge like a smidge this big --.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he has him at 16 now...he's got him behind Mendenhall on the RB Charts...

I think form what I've heard and read that he isn't high on his Durability or Physicality. He really feels that, while super fast, McFadden can be tackled with an arm tackle just as easily as wrapping him. Unlike the Jerome Bettis', Marion Barbers, Maurice Jones Drews, Adrian Peterson's of the world.

He really gets offended when people compare him to Peterson.

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

the video he did of matt ryan compared to Big Ben was a beast, looked very similar, just i doubt ryan could hold up and take as many hits in the pocket as ben does, and stay on his feet to keep the play alive.

18. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Why's that? Ryans a big guy at 6'5 and 220. When he gets drafted you can bet that his team will get him beefed up a little bit to. All the scouting reports say that he moves well in the pocket and on rollouts. Just because he weighs a little less now, don't think he wont be bigger in August when next season rolls around.

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Yeah, i agree. Just was speaking present tense is all. Ben could stand in there all day long and get bounced around, still pounce out somehow and find someone down field. it's a beast.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I heard a couple interviews with Ryan on NFL Radio and after hearing them, my opinion of him changed greatly...for the better. He really seems to have a great hold and understanding of the game. He steps up and takes responsibilities and seems pretty polished in my opinion.

I'm not that familiar with seeing him play in college, I'm sure in the next few weeks we will see plenty of hi and low lights...but I am beginning to like the kid.