Mike Tomlin, Steelers Facing Fine, Possible Loss Of Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Dec 1, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yep...

Surprising that some don't see the obvious straddling the edge of the field from an initial wide stance. It's actually quite comical in the way he did it. :icon_smile:

Of course, he goes & says this & I think...Ya know, I used to think he was brighter than this.

LINK

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I thought the most obvious part of him doing this on purpose is that shortly before the runner is coming up on him he looks to his right and waits to see when the runner is close, then jumps out of the way when he sees how close he is.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

“If anybody thinks I or anybody else would do this on purpose, they are crazy,â€￾ Tomlin told Glazer.

I must be coo coo for Cocoa Puffs!!

5. Tarkus

The NFL fined Tomlin $100,000 on Wednesday for interfering with Baltimore's Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night.

The fine is the second-highest ever levied by the league on a head coach, behind only the $500,000 the NFL docked New England's Bill Belichick in 2007 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

LINK

Guess we wait on the draft pick possibility...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The more I think about it, the more I don't
    Think the NFL will take away a draft pick...

7. Tarkus

I don't see it either...

Tomlin's been a big asset as an NFL coach in his demeanor & approach. This was an anomaly & obviously a brain spasm. His following comments should be enough for the NFL to feel they're still in charge with just a levied fine.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Let's see. Taking away a draft would be the dumbest freaking thing the NFL has ever done....in a landslide. No precedence for it, just more flexing of a league office that's already freaking the pooch with their arbitrary fines for farting on the field.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

When you put it that way, it makes sense that they would take a pick away...

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's such bull crap.

12. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer