MLB Preparing To Suspend 20 Plus Players Linked To Steroids

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by TheDuke, Jun 4, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Major League Baseball will seek to suspend about 20 players connected to the Miami-area clinic at the heart of an ongoing performance-enhancing drug scandal, including Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun, possibly within the next few weeks, "Outside the Lines" has learned. If the suspensions are upheld, the performance-enhancing drug scandal would be the largest in American sports history. Tony Bosch, founder of the now-shuttered Biogenesis of America, reached an agreement this week to cooperate with MLB's investigation, two sources told "Outside the Lines," giving MLB the ammunition officials believe they need to suspend the players. One source familiar with the case said the commissioner's office might seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Braun and other players, the penalty for a second doping offense. The argument, the source said, is the players' connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitute another.

Source:ESPN.com

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haha...A-Rod. Can't wait to find out all of the names.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Wonder who on the Cubs is on the list? It's ironic that baseball reveled in the steroid "heyday" when McGwire and Sosa were chasing Maris when it was rumored to be widely known back then and long before that time that players were juicing and now their on the warpath..

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I hope this ruins Ol' Bud, that piece of crap! Ryan Braun tested positive for a TON of roids and MLB let him walk away with an MVP. Screw those douchebags!

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

He was let off on a technicality because the guy who picked up the sample kept it in his house overnight instead of driving two hours to a FedEx or wherever. Braun is a cheat yet like you said, they still awarded him MVP.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

Lol at braun. Technicality or not he was guilty and went out of his way to ruin the rep of the tester.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He may have been cleared on a technicality but MLB still could have stripped him of the MVP. Dude's a worthless piece of crap. I hope this goes through. Bunch of douches.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Buster Olney, who's the MLB writer for espn.com, said this morning on the Mike & Mike show that the litigation could go into spring training of next season.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

Braun = herpes gone wild

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ryan braun reminds me of lance armstrong in many ways

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Besides the MLB names on this list, there are other names as well. I've heard that Lindsay Vonn's name is there too.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they should suspend nraun and a rod because they are obviously long time cheaters! braun made the drug testing policy look easy to beat last year,so I expect the league will try and show the other players differently!