Mobile Device Support

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Alcohol_IV, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Mobile Device Support via User Agent

I've got a Crackberry and when I visit this site, I still get the main full-browser experience by default. Could you consider integrating browser / device detection (user agent string) and set the theme to Mobile or iPhone for those devices?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Turn Javascript on
    Select mobile skin
    Turn Javascript off

It will send you to mobile skin every time you log in again.

1 person likes this.
  3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yup I logged on to the site theough cell to and its mainly the browser ur using try to use opera mobile it's pretty good on crackberry and set it remember ur password and it should work

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

What capabilities are missing in the cell phone skins that can limit you on the site?

5. Alcohol_IV

I'm not so concerned about all the features, just that the site doesn't detect I'm using a mobile phone and doesn't give me the mobile phone version automatically. Guess I'm the only of effected, so carry on. :)

6. Alcohol_IV

Could maybe a special URL be made for mobile users? Like m.gridironfans.com?

7. Omen

What browser do you use? When I had a crackberry I used opera mini browser and you just have to set that to remember your prefrences for this website.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

9. Omen

Look at your browser to see if it can remember the specific site prefences....if you are using the crackberrys browser download a new one

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin