More Failures Of Cowboys Stadium

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by wide right, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

If people are dumb enough to continue to buy the seats then I say its their problem. Jones is a businessman through and through, he doesn't care as long as he profits from it.

The tv is ridiculous, though.

And for the record, there are no obstructed seats in LP. Some are very high but you can can see the whole field.

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

The extra seats are made by removing the arm rests and pushing everything closer together. 9000 seats are added by that. The rest of the head count is the party pass standing room in the endzones.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LngERT9AmSk"]YouTube - The Greatest Stadium Ever Built?[/ame]

3. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Lets hope the team is put together better than the stadium. :icon_eek:

4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

What you too BU54? I would have thought you would have been a Farve fan by now. Wait the Bears are one of the NFC North teams he has not played for. Wait till Cutler retires then he will sign with Bears.

5. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

You mean others said this too? I haven't read through this thread.
    Sounds like I struck a nerve huh? :icon_cheesygrin:

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You can put lipstick on a pig, and make it give your fans a blow**b, but it's still a pig with lipstick sucking you off to divert your attention.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

thats bc there is no one there in attendace................

agian iggles fans lash out due jealousy

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

omen - are you hitting the pipe again ? no one goes to chiefs games ? eagles fans jealous ?

umm, it was a bills fan that posted this. none of us are hating, just wondering how a building that cost so much has obvious design flaws.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

but it sure is purdy

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, here's my take on this. when i used to travel all around the country on business, sometimes the group i would be with would go to a local sporting event (baseball, basketball, football, even hockey). the normal way we would get tickets is to have the concierge at the hotel get us the tickets if he had a local resource.

'These' seats shown in the pics and videos (that aren't really seats that you can watch the game from) are probably what would be available the day before the game. If we got stuck with these seats because it was all that was left, we would probably be o.k. with it because we wouldn't be sitting in the seats anyway. The new stadiums have party decks, bars, restaurants, etc. that we would want to hang out at anyway. The 'seats' would just get us into the stadium. I don't have a real problem with them cramming some extra seats in there because no one is going to sit in them anyway.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

agreed and I said that earlier too I believe....get those seats? Go walk around and watch the game.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

dont buy it for one minute capt. theres no need to design an stadium to have obstructed view seats to accomidate what you are describing. teams just sell standing room only tix for that.

just to clear. the stadium looks outstanding, just puzzled that jones would have such a design flaw in these seats and the video monitor. he's smarter than that.

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, actually the company i work for in kansas city is doing several things for them at the new stadium and some of their other facilities (it's not my project though) but the guys that are working on it at my company say that it's been a mess from the start. the architects/designers/contractors don't know what they're doing most of the time. This can be somewhat typical with projects of this size but it seems to be abnormally messed up.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed and thats good insight. its weird that i feel im sticking up for cowboys fans here but this just doesnt sit well with me as a fan. overall though the place looks badbutt.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Lucas Oil Stadium has the same kind of blocked seats, and it didn't cause an outrage like the Cowboys Stadium did. The Capt. is absolutely right on what he said.

Like I always say...Hater will Hate.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh dear god. would you stop with this "haters will hate" nonsense. christ can you ever hear anything less than shining about your team without this rant ?

i dont care who the team is, any of them that design a place that has obstructed view seats should be shredded for it.

btw - where are the obstructed view seats at lucas oil stadium ?

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, boy...if you can't keep up, I won't be around forever to dig you out of your own hole :icon_rolleyes:

Back when Lucas Oil Stadium opened, someone posted a pick of two seats obstructed by a wall. You want to see it? Look it up. It's out there somewhere.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Here. I found it. Don't ever say I'm a liar again, kid.

[​IMG]

Well, look a that...it's not just a couple of seats, it's all the section :lol:

Somebody who hates the Colts care to give his opinion?....anybody?...

Yeah, that's what I thought.

TJ, I'll find anything on the intrawebz in under 2 minutes. kthx​

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

wtf are you talking about ? digging out of what hole ? i'm right, any team that builds a stadium with obstructed view seats should be ripped for it. but see how you get ? you dont even comprehend. i never called you a liar. i asked if you knew where the seats where at lucas field.

the colts are just as wrong for allowing a design like that. its garbage IMO.

TJ, you seriously need help.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm sorry, but I don't see a 58-post thread about the Colts stadium. I'm seeing it about the Cowboys stadium. Back when this pic was posted, NOBODY said a thing. A couple of laughing smilies and that was it. Now the Cowboys do it, and suddenly, everybody has something to say about it. I think it proves my point.

Fine, you never called me a liar, but I felt you implied it...

TJ, I seriously need help :lol:

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

tj, sorry if i missed a thread about a team that isnt in my teams conference on a MB. again, i am saying any team that does this should be ripped.

maybe you need to realize though that jones arrogantly puts himself and the org. as the standard for all others to follow and when you do that but fail at something its going to come back at you.

not so sure irsay falls under the same category. but the colts should be just as embarrassed for having that.