Mort On Packer's Decision To Not Release Favre

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by WarEagle, Jul 13, 2008.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

[MEDIA]http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3484540&categoryId=2459789&n8pe6c=3[/MEDIA]

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I could give a damn what Mort or any of the Frat Boys from ESPN say about Brett "ESPN LOVES YOU" Favre.

3. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Mortensen brings up a very good point. Why hasn't he filed the papers to be reinstated yet?

And I could take $12 million to be a backup. In a heartbeat.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, i'm like what the heck when Favre said he wouldn't apply for reinstatement just yet. Knowing the Packers don't want him and won't release him, it honestly makes sense to me.

5. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

If he wants to force their hand, then he'll file the papers. Who is going to pay 12 mill for a backup? And if he does come back, and does start out the season as a backup, How many games do they lose before the fan base starts calling for him to start?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

If he files papers to be reinstated then he has to report for training camp. If he doesn't report, then the Packers can begin to fine him. He has up until Week 6 to apply and report...so there is no reason he actually would file if he didn't intend on reporting to training camp.

That actually is an awful point...

They don't get paid for Training Camp by the way or the playoffs, so the salary he will lose is minimal...