Mr. D's Weekly Predictions Week 2

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Mr. D, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Ok Week 2 has arrived, doing this before tonight's game comes to pass, if anyone wants to join in this with me it would be cool. I'll keep this up by myself either way lol

Weekly results
    Week 1.
    Mr. D: 7-8 .467

Chicago @ Green Bay

Cutler and Marshal seem to be back to there old days but now in Chicago instead of Denver, the key to beating the Pack may be in the run game though. this is a tough decision, I may be wrong but I will be favoring the Home team on this one

My Prediction: Packers 21, Bears 20

Kansas City @ Buffalo

I am not sold on the whole Kansas City being the Dark Horse idea here, they got nothing that has impressed me just yet. Buffalo got beat down early against the Jets before they started to show some sign of football, I think the Chiefs will be a chance for them to show the world they did not quit this early.

My Prediction: Bills 32, Chiefs 18

New Orleans @ Carolina

Cam is Cam he's good but he can't save his whole team. they got some help for him but they are up against an angry Saints team that just got there butts handed to them by RGIII and the Redskins. I don't know how they will deal with the Panthers after that tough loss

My Prediction: Saints 34, Panthers 24

Cleveland @ Cincinnati

Cincinnati needs a nice confident boost after that horrible showing on Monday Night against the Ravens. Browns are just the team to do it for them. Browns may have a good Defense but their Offense just may prove to be their downfall as usual... but lets see how well their Defense is when you have all the tools Dalton has at his disposal, Ravens Defense is on a completely different level than the Browns so I shouldn't be worried.

My Prediction: Bengals 34, Browns 21

Minnesota @ Indianapolis

I don't know about you but Ponder may look to have another break out game going up against a Colts Defense. then again Luck may turn out good against a Vikings Secondary. this may pend on Peterson.. I'm looking for a First Colts win, this may be one of 3 chances for a win for Luck.

My Prediction: Colts 27, Vikings 18

Houston @ Jacksonville

Jacksonville took the Vikings into overtime, but still couldn't get the job done, on the other side of this coin we have the Texans, a team that has done so well the past two years and doesn't show a sign of stopping. I can't see them losing to the Jaguars even if the Jags are ready to step it up and show us they can play football, they are up against a team that is leagues ahead of them.

My Prediction: Texans 40, Jaguars 12

Miami @ Oakland

Oakland may have lost Monday night but Miami got destroyed. two teams that ain't looking good right now are battling to not get themselves into an early hole. I'm looking to see Palmer take the Raiders on past Miami with a Win.

My Prediction: Raiders 21, Dolphins 12

Arizona @ New England

Arizona is in for a wake up call, they beat a poor Seahawks team in rebuild. now they are up against a powerhouse in New England. this won't be pretty for the Cardinals.

My Prediction: Patriots 34, Cardinals 10

Tampa Bay @ NY Giants

Tampa Bay may have looked good against Carolina, they did a good job of stopping Cam from showing off, but now they are going up against a team that just lost to a division Rival, and has an extra 4 days to prepare for their next game.

My Prediction: Giants 28, Buccaneers 17

Baltimore @ Philadelphia

This don't look good for Philadelphia who had Vick throw 4 Picks against a Cleveland Defense and almost another one on the winning drive, now he faces off against a more superior Defense in Baltimore, I will predict the only way Vick doesn't throw at least 4 or 5 picks with at least two pick six's is he gets taken out of the game.

My Prediction: Ravens 48, Eagles 7

Dallas @ Seattle

Dallas coming off a 10 day rest and a big win against the Defending Super Bowl Champions to face the lowly Seahawks This will be ugly for the Rookie QB in Seattle quick, nothing other to say but Dallas's Receivers are looking good, could this be Romo's year?

My Prediction: Cowboys 38, Seahawks 12

Washington @ St. Louis

RGIII is looking good, as he helped the Redskins Shock the NFL world by not just beating the Saints, but Dominating the Saints. that being said St. Louis may have lost last week to Detroit, but they did it at the last min, they showed some promise with all those new faces, especially with that secondary of theirs.

My Prediction: Redskins 28, Rams 21

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Coming off a bad start, but to a man that they have had plenty of trouble with, it seems doesn't matter what team he was playing for, Manning has The Steelers Numbers, Jets tore through a Supposed great Defense from Buffalo, what can they do to a Steel Curtain? Can't count out Ben.

My Prediction: Jets 28, Steelers 21

Tennessee @ San Diego

Chargers won against a Rival Monday night but they seemed to have struggled still, unless they can get that running game up, they won't do so well as the season goes on, Titans went up against the Patriots. this may be there redeeming match, if CJ can get onto a better start the Titans should get by better this week.

My Prediction: Chargers 27, Titans 21

Detroit @ San Francisco

A game that I wanted to see since last year's match up between the two, but San Fran has added Moss to the furry and he's kicked in well with Smith, Moss is happy... for now so it should be good for San Fran this year as long as he's happy he'll produce. Detroit has a great offense of their own, but San Fran has a better Defense, I think San Fran has the upper edge in this battle.

My Prediction: 49ers 28, Lions 21

Monday Night

Denver @ Atlanta

Manning, Manning, Manning, that's what you'll hear over and over, he's back and he's back to his old self, he isn't letting that injury pull him down, he's just that damn good lol, Falcons offense clicked on all cylinders last week but that was against Kansas City, lets see if the Falcons Offense can keep up with Manning. Broncos Defense is pretty good, but their offense now is scary with Manning at the helm.

My Prediction: Broncos 32, Falcons 27

There we go week 2 full in progress​

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Finally got all my pics in....

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

interesting pick with the jets over the steelers. that would definitely affect a lot of peoples' opinions about both of those teams. most everyone still thinks the steelers are dominant and the jets are a joke but if that happened, people would immediately flip-flop their opinions about both of them.

4. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I still think I could be wrong on that game but I think the Jets can do it.