My Mock Draft #3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 5, 2011.

1. 1. Carolina Panthers

[​IMG]

QB Cam Newton (Auburn)

[​IMG]

Players at the position- Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike

Cam Newton comes in with alot of talk. On the field and off he is arguably the most interesting draft prospect. Having only played one year at Auburn has some scared, his off the field issues also scare many. He is full of athletic ability and has a strong arm. The Panthers have a need as Clausen was garbage as a rookie and showed nothing worth developing. Pike is a very raw 2nd year player who didn't really play as a rookie.

2. Denver Broncos

[​IMG]

DT Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

[​IMG]

Players at the position- Kevin Vickerson, Louis Leonard

Dareus was a big time player at Bama. Playing 3-4 DE in Bama's scheme he projects to DT in the 4-3. Dareus lived in opponent's backfields when healthy. He is widely viewed as one of the top players in the draft. The Broncos are very thin at the position. Vickerson is likely locked into one spot as he played very well last year.

3. Buffalo Bills

[​IMG]

QB Blaine Gabbert (Missouri)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown

Gabbert is a QB who played from the shotgun in college. He has a very accurate arm in the short passing game. He is athletic which should appeal to Bills HC Chan Gailey.

4. Cincinnati Bengals

[​IMG]

WR AJ Green (UGA)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chad Ochocinco, Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Shay Hodge

Ochocinco is no longer really the same player he once was. In fact, he was outplayed last year by Terrell Owens, currently a free agent. Chad wants out of town so it is likely the Bengals realize he is more trouble than he is worth a grant his request. Jerome Simpson is a guy worth keeping an eye on. AJ Green would give the Bengals a great playmaking WR who is arguably the best WR to come out of the draft since Calvin Johnson.

5. Arizona Cardinals

[​IMG]

CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie, Greg Toler

Peterson is a fantastic player and a great returner as well. The Cardinals need secondary help as DRC had a down year and looks more like a #2 CB. Peterson is also arguably the top player on the board.

6. Cleveland Browns

[​IMG]

DT Nick Fairley (Auburn)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Ahtyba Rubin, Ko Quaye, Travis Ivey, Scott Paxson

Fairley is an interesting prospect. He only played one year at Auburn but in that year was superb. He lived in opponents backfield. However, some dislike his attitude and his motor.

7. San Francisco 49ers

[​IMG]

LB Von Miller (Texas a&m)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, Thadeus Gibson

Miller is a big time player. He is widely seen as the top 3-4 OLB in the draft. While lacking elite strength his athletic ability more than makes up for it.

8. Tennessee Titans

[​IMG]

DE Robert Quinn (UNC)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Derrick Morgan, William Hayes, Pannel Egboh, Hall Davis, Kareem Brown, Marcus Howard

Quinn would instantly upgrade the Titans pass rush. They are likely going to lose Jason Babin, their top pass rusher so a replacement must be found. Quinn is an elite prospect but he didn't play at all last year due to being suspended.

9. Dallas Cowboys

[​IMG]

OT Tyron Smith (USC)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Marc Colombo, Robert Brewster, Sam Young, Jeremy Parnell

Smith is a very athletic OT who can play on either side. He is seen as the top OT in the draft.

10. Washington Redskins

[​IMG]

WR Julio Jones (Alabama)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Anthony Armstrong, Terrence Austin, Brandon Banks, Taurus Johnson, Malcolm Kelly, Maurice Price, Roydell Williams

Jones is a big time WR. He is a great run blocker and is more athletic than originally thought.

11. Houston Texans

[​IMG]

CB Prince Amukamara (Nebraska)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Kareem Jackson, Glover Quinn, Antwaun Molden, Sherrick Mcmannus, Brice Mccain, Jason Allen

Amukamara is a great cover man. Some have criticized him for lack of speed but for those that watched him in college know it was never an issue. The guy is a lock down CB.

12. Minnesota Vikings

[​IMG]

QB Jake Locker (Washington)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Joe Webb, Rhett Bomar

Apparently the Vikings love Locker. He is a strange prospect with loads of potential. He is an athletic guy with a strong arm.

13. Detroit Lions

[​IMG]

OT Anthony Costanzo (Boston College)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Jeff Backus, Gosder Cherilus, Jason Fox, Tony Ugoh

Costanzo is a big time OT. He can play either spot and the Lions are desperate to protect franchise QB Matt Stafford.

14. St. Louis Rams

[​IMG]

DE Da'quan Bowers (Clemson)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chris Long, James Hall, George Selvie, Eugene Sims

Bowers a former top 10 potential draft pick, had a bad pro day. He has a knee injury which could potentially rob him of his rookie year. The Rams are a team that could be willing to wait and invest in him.

15. Miami Dolphins

[​IMG]

RB Mark Ingram (Alabama)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Lex Hilliard, Kory Sheets

a physical runner, Ingram makes perfect sense in Miami replacing Ronnie Brown. Ingram is an underrated pass catcher and is a great running back prospect.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars

[​IMG]

DE Aldon Smith (Missouri)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Austen Lane, Aaron Kampman, Larry Hart, Derrick Harvey, Jeremy Mincey

Smith is a great prospect with nice athletic skills. He would fit right in the jaguars young d.line.

17. New England Patriots (f./Oak.)

[​IMG]

DE J.J. Watt (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, Marcus Stroud, Brandon Deaderick, Kade Weston, Darryl Richard, Landon Cohen

Watt would give NE the elite option at DE they've been missing since trading Richard Seymour.

18. San Diego Chargers

[​IMG]

NT/DE Phil Taylor (Baylor)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Luis Castillo, Antonio Garay, Ogemdi Nwagbuo, Cam Thomas, Vaughn Martin

Taylor would give the Chargers some needed versatility while filling a hole in the lineup whether it be at NT or DE. Taylor is a huge guy and is a very talented prospect whose best days are likely ahead as he hasn't been playing football long.

19. New York Giants

[​IMG]

LB Martez Wilson (Illinois)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Michael Boley, Jonathan Goff, Clint Sintim, Phillip Dillard, Adrian Tracy, Kenny Ingram

Wilson fits in perfectly with the Giants. He is an athletic guy and can play MLB and OLB in their scheme. The Giants have been missing a great LB since Antonio Pierce left town.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

[​IMG]

DE Justin Houston (UGA)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Kyle Moore, Alex Magee, E.J. Wilson, Doug Worthington, George Johnson, Brandon Gilbeux

Houston is the athletic DE that Tampa needs to complete their potentially elite D.line.

21. Kansas City Chiefs

[​IMG]

OT Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Branden Albert, Bobby Greenwood

Carimi fits in as a Pioli type player. Carimi is a RT which is just what the Chiefs need. RT has been a problem for the Chiefs and Carimi would fix the trouble spot.

22. Indianapolis Colts

[​IMG]

OT Nate Solder Colorado

[​IMG]

Other players at the position- Ryan Diem, Jeff Linkenbach, Joe Reitz, Mike Tepper, James Williams, Casey Bender

Solder is an extremely athletic OT. He is really raw and will require some work but once he gets his technique down he could be a great player. The Colts have been missing a LT for years.

23. Philadelphia Eagles

[​IMG]

OG Mike Pouncey (Florida)

[​IMG]

other spots available- Todd Herremens, Mike Mcglynn, Fenuki Tupou, Dallas Reynolds, A.Q. Shipley

Pouncey would give a big boost to the interior of the line. The Eagles o.line was ravaged by the quick deterioration of the Andrews brothers.

24. New Orleans Saints

[​IMG]

DE Cam Jordan (California)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Will Smith, Alex Brown, Junior Gallette

Jordan is a great value down here. He would fit in well with the Saints as they value DE's who could play well inside and outside and still rush the passer.

25. Seattle Seahawks

[​IMG]

QB Christian Ponder (Florida State)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Charlie Whitehurst

The team is likely to resign free agent, and last years starter, Matt Hasselbeck. However, Hasselbeck is old and Whitehurst is garbage. Ponder would give the team an accurate QB to build around and put in their west coast scheme.

26. Baltimore Ravens

[​IMG]

WR Torrey Smith (Maryland)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, David Reed, Justin Harper, James Hardy, Brandon Jones

Smith would instantly upgrade the league's slowest WR core. The comparisons to Daryus Heyward- Bey are not fair. Smith is a sppedy WR that could start in the slot and eventually play outside once Derrick mason is done.

27. Atlanta Falcons

[​IMG]

DE Ryan Kerrigan (Purdue)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- John Abraham, Kroy Biermann, Chauncey Davis, Jamaal Anderson, Lawrence Sidbury, Emmanuel Stephens

Kerrigan slips here because he isn't as flashy as the other DE prospects and isn't overly athletic. However, he has a great motor and is a good locker room guy who plays hard. Biermann proved he couldn't be a starter last year. However, he would be great in a rotation.

28. New England Patriots

[​IMG]

OLB Brooks Reed (Arizona)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Tully Banta-Cain, Jermaine Cunnigham, Rob Ninkovich, Rob Moore, Marques Murrell

Reed is a great pass rusher and he has really risen up draft boards after some great workouts.

29. Chicago Bears

[​IMG]

DT Corey Liuget (Illinois)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Matt Toeaina, Marcus Harrison, Tank Tyler

Liuget should intrigue the Bears as a replacement for Tommy Harris. He played at nearby Illinois and is a player who alot of people seem to like.

30. New York Jets

[​IMG]

DE Cam Heyward (Ohio State)

[​IMG]

Other players at the position- Mike Devito, Ropati Pitoiuta, Jarron Gilbert, Lorenzo Washington

Heyward would really help the Jets at DE. Even if they resign Shaun Ellis they still need help at the other spot. Heyward might not be flashy but he gets the job done and should be a great 3-4 DE.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers

[​IMG]

CB Jimmy Smith (Colorado)

[​IMG]

Other Players at the position- Bryant Mcfadden, Keenan Lewis, Crezdon Butler, Donovan Warren

I'm not too sure the Steelers will take the risk on a character problem like Smith. However, he has some talent and would fit the Steelers scheme better than most.

32. Green Bay Packers

[​IMG]

OT Derek Sherrod (Miss. St.)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Chad Clifton, Bryan Bulaga, Mark Tauscher, Chris Campbell

Sherrod is a great player and this is nice value. The Pack don't have any glaring needs but OT is a spot they could use some help at.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

No round two?

3. LOL I might later if I have the the time but it takes so long to get all this down haha.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think the steelers have removed jimmy smith from their board

5. what makes you think that?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've heard the same...

7. K Train

its speculation but based on drafting trends and my opinion that jimmy smith is kind of a rod i dont think the steelers would draft him at 31. i like him, but i think theres a handful of players the steelers will hold higher at 31

8. good to know. Thanks. I'll be sure to give the Steelers someone else in my next mock.

9. K Train

I believe aaron williams is the pick there....whether he replaces mcfadden at CB or clark at FS it doesnt matter it will be an upgrade

10. yeah that's what I was thinking myself but the article about the Steelers being nervous about Texas players worried me a little.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

That article seems more like a writer reaching for a story during a lockout than anything concrete. Like KTrain said in another thread, Texas has had pretty good history with DBs. The Steelers would be stupid to think that way...any team would...

12. yeah good point

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Texas DB's might be one of it not the strongest positional bloodlines in the NFL today

14. K Train

texas DBs would get my vote for the current strongest...its really impressive

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It is? There's a lot of them but it's not like they have been that impressive at the NFL level.

16. starters:

Cedric Griffin CB Vikings

Michael Griffin SA Titans

Michael Huff SA Raiders

Aaron Ross CB Giants

Earl Thomas SA Seahawks

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Terel Brown too

18. Aaron Ross is actually a nickel corner for the G-Men. Terrell Thomas starts along with Corey Webster. Ross lost his job because of injuries and Thomas played pretty well in his spot.

19. oh ok. I knew he had lost it but I wasn't sure if when healthy he would get it back.

20. K Train

add Quentin Jammer and Nathan vasher as well, then add in the 3 players gonna be drafted this year in aaron williams, curtis brown and chykie brown...thats a hell of a lineup.

what other one is there? USC LBs? with 5 (off the top of my head totupu, rivers, cushing, matthews, maualuga)