My Mock Draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mj1987us26, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Okay thats fine that you don't like Kindle, but you do realize he's going to go in the first round right? Who are your favorite prospects in general, who you think is going to turn into great NFL starters?

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Don't be shocked if Kindle falls, lack of production and his transition possible to a 3-4 will scare teams because of Gholston, but I guess the homerism shows lol. I like the usual top guys like Suh Okung and Berry, but lesser known guys like Hughes and Sapp as rush LBs. I like Boo Robinson as a good prospect. My shocker is a local kid, at least to me, Troup out of UCF.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He's nothing like Gholston though. No need to call me a homer man, even though I am a bit when it comes to Texas. As of right now though Kindle is a lock for a first round pick though and is the consensus #1 OLB because of his athelticism. He's not a Defensive converted to Linebacker, Gholston was strictly defensive end at Ohio State. Ricky Sapp was a huge recruit and his measurables are quite nice , I love BOOOOOOO as well he'll probably go early third round.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Lock to go first round? Hughes is a better prospect because of his ability to actually pass rush. Drafting on athletic ability along is a poor decision for a first round pick. I think Kindle falls to the early second round to a team like the Chiefs. Of course this could change with a dominate preformance in the BCSCG.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yes he's a lock to go first round. If Aaron Maybin went first round than sure as hell Serg Kindle is gonna go first round. He's a much better prospect than Maybin was.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Last year was a weak draft, especially for pass rushers

That being said, I see Kindle being a mid 1st and I hate Texas and all Big 12 players with a passion

I really like Troupp too as a late rounder

I think he could be a very good 3-4 DL at both NT and 5 Technique

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

there hasn't been a good draft for pass rushers since 06.

8. Jihad Joe

Do you mean 2006 or 2005.....the Ware/Merriman draft

2007 was supposed to be loaded

Didnt quite turn out that way

Last years was probobly the weakest in a while

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Are you saying that Tyson will never amount to anything dude?

10. Jihad Joe

Tyson is a 3-4 DE. 3-4 DE's arent pass rushers

Tyson is gonna be a beast

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Aubrayo Franklin isnt a real NT? I think you should go watch some niner games. the LBs we have need to work on wrapping the qb up on the blitz. oh you dont even mention the offense? that is the biggest need. top 5 defense if we can move the ball:icon_cool:

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I know, telling you real football is a lost cause but I will again tell you why you are wrong. The 49ers are set at the skill positions with Morgan, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, and Coffee. They need an upgrade along the offensive line and at QB. Franklin can definately be upgraded, and next to Willis, the 49ers can use more youthful talent, and you can only teach lesser talent so much on tackling, sometimes you have to draft guys with real potential. The secondary is so inconsistant that more steady players are needed. I know you have this crush on Smith, but with a REAL QB guys like Gore and Coffee will be better off because neither of them are meant for the spread offense. With those guys running in the right system the WRs will have a better time because teams will not be able to just sit back and play the pass, and the run game will benefit because teams won't be able to stack 8 or 9 in the box because the passing game will do better. But I'm sure you knew that right?

13. Jihad Joe

A 3-4 defense will never sniff even top 15 without consistent edge rusher. Its possible in a 4-3 (see Redskins 2006-08) but impossible in a 3-4

Lawson and Harlson are not that

If Im the 49ers Im drafting Derrick Morgan (probobly going to be the top conversion guy) and Trent Williams to play RT, and Im on the phone with Holmgren to see if iI can get Quinn for a 3rd

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That too JJ.

15. Jihad Joe

I like Morgan for them. Lawson isnt trash, but as a blind side rush backer you want more. Morgan is a guy that could be a top rush backer on the strong side ala Merriman. Lawson would be more effective if he wasnt the main focus

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I agree about Lawson needing to be less of an attention tramp lol. But Slim3y thinks the offense is the 49ers biggest problem, and he couldn't be more incorrect.

17. Jihad Joe

This dude can still ball and he is a FA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icEGsuxHIKA]YouTube - Mayne Event:Jerry Rice Plays Flag Football[/ame]

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'd roll with Morgan in the first round the guy is a freaking baller. His pad level is extremely low, he plays the run well and has the speed to consistently get to the quarterback.

19. Jihad Joe

NFLDS compares him to Merriman. I like the comparison because I see Morgan as a Strong Side conversion backer in the NFL