My Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by LitesOut13, Apr 17, 2013.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ill flip if they take eifert over patterson...still

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Eifert, but IMO, that would be a horrible pick at 17 for the Steelers.

3. K Train

i think eifert could post 10-12 TDs right out of the gate, hes a master of the jump ball and would be very productive with a QB like roethlisberger....hes a very safe pick, but eifert isnt the problem, its who they pass on for him

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Problem is I don't think there are a ton of teams that are sold on any WR in this draft. Many will take one simply out of need but none of them jump at as a cant miss. The thinking with taking Eifert is he will give you another weapon on offense and that's what they need. Sure, it would be ideal to have that be a WR but this draft doesn't offer no brainers in terms of WR. Where as there are 2 TEs that many experts believe will be very good at the next level.

They would likely go with Brown and either Burress or Sanders at WR then do what the Pats have done and go with mainly 2 TE sets with Eifert and Miller in the game. Still gives Big Ben 4-5 weapons on offense.

Only other players I see them skipping out on an offensive weapon for are Vaccaro and Jarvis Jones, who I have going right before them. Slight chance they go with Ogletree or a CB, but I really like Eifert for them

5. K Train

burress will be lucky to have 10 catches. They will draft a WR in the first 2 rounds. Patterson is my #1 and i think they would take him. Vaccaro shouldnt be a first round pick, at 17 its craziness. Ogletree is by far the worst possible fit for the steelers. Have you ever seen ogletree play? Hes clumsy in traffic and he is out of the play if someone gets a hand on him, like really useless at shedding blocks.

They are always perfectly content picking a CB later...they are being linked to Will Davis from Utah St and BW Webb, as well as Wreh-Wilson. Id be surprised if they took a corner at #1 , and if its a safety it will be elam in a likely trade down. They have soured big time on longhorns after sweed, hills, and curtis brown and tomlin LOVES gators. Elam is the ebst fit for us anyway.

I think they look hard at patterson, but even hunter, allen, and hopkins are all excellent prospects. In round two i could see them going for woods, bailey, or wheaten but WR is such a huge need. Eifert would be awesome, but they cant pass on patterson for him. Sanders is on a 1 year deal, cotchery has one year left, and they will probably bring in breaston for a year. Patterson is the big body haley likes at WR...he will be limited but he will be able to run slants, go's, and screens from day one. Hes a nightmare in the open field and no fun to tackle.

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

With Wallace gone, I think Burress takes on a bigger role. He is still a big guy who can be big in the red zone just as he was in NY.

My opinion is they can easily get a good WR in the 2nd round so why use it to get a guy who is just as good as the 2nd round guy?? Like it or not, Patterson isn't much better than a guy like Hopkins or Woods who will fall

7. K Train

based off what? hes clearly a superior athlete...bigger, faster, and his open field ability and the cuts he makes is unreal. Hes a special player even if hes raw and doesnt have a ton of experience. Hes got the size of some of the big and fast WRs weve seen like julio, dez, torrey smith, DHB, and demaryius but his shiftiness is unmatched when compared to those guys.

Deandre hopkins i think will be a good pro, but his agility is horrible and he lacks break away speed. Im a huge fan of woods, but he doesnt offer much after the catch

Burress is a shadow of his former self, not even close to a lock to make the team

8. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Well from the looks of it, you may be the only person who is so high on Patterson. Even since the first time I have seen mock drafts the experts were skeptical of him and since he has slowly fell down the mock draft boards. At one point he was projected as the first WR off the board and now he is at least the 2nd off the board and in some hes even further.

And while he may be good, my point is the drop off isn't big at all from him to the next guy or even the next 3 or 4 guys. I think there are 5-6 WRs that are all relatively the same level with some guys being better at certain things than others.

I guess we will have to just wait and see about Eifert. Any other thoughts? haha

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Saying Vaccaro shouldn't be a first round pick is insanity.

Did he bang your GF

Sent from my HTC Vivid

10. K Train

Hes not that good. Hes slow, stiff, and plays out of control sometimes. the drop off between him and the next tier of safeties is minimal. Maybe saying he shouldnt be a first round pick was off but he isnt the game changing differenc maker i want in a first round safety

11. K Train

I think he'll still be the first WR off the board. Lot of negative things have come out about him over the last 2 weeks...funny how that always happens around this time of year huh?

12. K Train

I do really like eifert though ha

13. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Ya I really like him too. I also like Ertz as well. I think both of them will end of being game changing TEs

14. Jihad Joe

I'm hearing rumors the Cowboys take Eifert at 18

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

As much as I like him, that would be so stupid. The last thing the Cowboys need is WR, TE, or even RB help. With Bryant, Austin, Witten, and Murray they are set. They need OL and defensive help WAY more

16. Jihad Joe

Eh, it would be one.of those things that would look much better a year from now. Witten you can is starting to break down. He isn't very effective anymore beyond 10 yards

We're actually looking hard at HBs and were scouting 2-4th round WRs. Murray is injury prone and with Jones gone, no one is behind him. Austin can't stay healthy either and will carry pretty decent cap figures. It was even rumored he was gonna to be cut this year. I really see them going Gio Bernard or Markus Wheaton in the 2nd or 3rd. They'll almost definitly pick a HB somewhere

Sent from my HTC Vivid

17. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Well ya picking up a RB in round 3 or 4 would be great, but not in the 1st.

And getting Eifert is great, but their needs are bigger elsewhere to me

18. Jihad Joe

Biggest need is OG. I don't think they would Eifert with Cooper/Warmack there. And they really like Pugh as well. DT would be nice, but we are deep there, just don't have a stud. I don't think they would take Eifert over Richardson. I like Vaccaro, but I would take Eifert before him. Very good safety draft

Eifert wouldn't be my first, second or third choice, but I would be content with the pick
    Sent from my HTC Vivid

19. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

They would go Vaccora, Richardson, Williams, and either of those guards before they go Eifert. I could see them going a few other positions too.

Either way, I think Eifert is off the board by the time they pick anyway

20. Jihad Joe

Hope he is, because my heart is set on either Cooper, Warmack or Richardson lol

Sent from my HTC Vivid