New Bears QB Jay Cutler Doesn't See Himself As A Savior

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Apr 5, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jay Cutler grew up a fan of the Bears, but during his introductory press conference on Saturday he stressed that he isn't the team's savior. "I don't see myself as that," Cutler said Friday. The Bears gave up a lot for a player that doesn't see himself as the missing link. "Time will tell if he's going to be a franchise player," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said of Cutler. "We're certainly hoping that's the case. But what we do know is we got a winning quarterback, and we feel very good about that."

Source: NFL.com

2. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

No sense trying to take the heat of yourself, your looked at as the savior weather you like it or not.

3. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Savior, JC. How ironic?

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

^^^ Being a Packer fan I'm sure you'll learn to hate his name even more in the coming years.:laughy21:

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I was surprised. I think he handled himself pretty well at the press conference. I still don't think he's going to thrive there though.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Makes me think of that South Park where the kids a re sacrifing other kids to John Elway

[ame=http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104385/]Listening To Reason - Clips - South Park Studios[/ame]

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He sees himself as a God...ask Josh McDaniels...he'll verify it.

8. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

"The Bears gave up a lot for a player that doesn't see himself as the missing link."

So it would have been better for Cutler to say, I am here to save the Bears?

First he is way to cocky, now he is under confident? I heard him say he is in Chicago to help them win football games. If Cutler has learned one thing in Denver it's that you can't win games alone.. In Chicago all he has to do is carry his share of the load.. If he does that the Bears should have no problem making the playoffs next year.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

fcspike, i agree there was no other response that Cutler could have given. there is already going to be a mountain of pressure on him, the team, and coaches to win because of this trade. why pile on more pressure by saying something stupid?

10. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

silly article.....everyone knows Breesus is the true savior

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Breesus Saves :bowdown:

12. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

I heard the one Chicago writer say he was the biggest athlete in Chicago since MJ..

"OK Jay, no pressure now, all you have to do is go out there and preform at the same level as the greatest Basketball player of all time.." LOL

I agree, after his first bad game he will get hit hard enough, no point in asking for more by giving the media quotes to throw back at him..