New Bounty Evidence: Does This End Gregg Williams Career?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Dragonite, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

"The night before Gregg Williams’ final game as the New Orleans Saints’ defensive coordinator, the since-suspended coach gave a fiery speech to the team’s defensive players during which he made specific references to inflicting physical punishment upon several San Francisco 49ers in a postseason game the next day.

In the speech at the team’s hotel near the San Francisco Airport, Williams – according to documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon – at one point made a hand signal suggesting he would personally pay for a ferocious shot on 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

Williams also referenced the prospect of his players inflicting a severe knee injury upon San Francisco wideout Michael Crabtree and exhorted them to “put a lick on†backup receiver Kyle Williams in an effort to “find out†if he was still suffering from the effects of a late-December concussion."

Source: Source: Gregg Williams instructed Saints during speech to injure Niners offensive players - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Certainly not going to help his case there...especially making a comment about the concussion. With how sensitive the league is to head injuries, the league lawyers may be the ones to keep Williams away from the league as opposed to Roger Goodell...probably not in their best interests to have him around.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I said when this all started that Williams should be give for life. And now with more of this coming out I don't see how he would every be let back in. like ward said, the lawyers have to be crapting their pants at all the possible lawsuits.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I think hes screwed now.