New Dedicated Server Move Bug Report Thread V4.0

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Sweets, Aug 6, 2009.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm all for ditching the awards.

Does this mean that the monthly PS contests are gone too though?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

:icon_sad: they were fun while they lasted

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

No, those are still around as far as I know. I don't know why one wasn't started for this month. I guess we'll see one next month?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think we were waiting to see what was going to happen with the awards?

That sucks, I liked the awards. Oh well...

* Fixing the topic tag thread display
    * Fixing upload issue with Photoplog

I think of the 4, these two are the most important...

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think we were all taking a break until the server moves were all done.

No one ever told me what the subject matter was gonna be for any of them.

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Will the link exchange page be coming back?

7. SRW

Yes it will but we will be much more selective with who we link with and what links we put up. The last effort just ended up with us linking to sites that were disorganized post tramp havens or dead forums with little to no activity. We have to find links that will be beneficial to GridironFans.com as well.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I got this as I am sure other people did as well.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO, expecting T_CASE or T_DEFAULT or '}' in /home/gridiron/public_html/forums/showthread.php on line 136

But then the whole page was blank except for the word hi. I was wondering if the server was trying to communicate with me. Like aliens or something.

9. SRW

Where did you get that and when? I got an email from one person saying they got something similar but it apparently was from a link they were getting from the NFL RSS feed newsletter that is sent out every morning via email.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It was about 30 mins ago and it was when I would try and enter threads, it's obviously better now but I figured it would be a good idea to say something.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I just got 17 emails notifying me about private messages that I have gotten over the last couple weeks. I was wondering what happened to the notifying email and then bam I got all of them today.

13. SRW

I will contact the hosting company. The email queue has to be tweaked so people get the emails faster.

14. mike oxlong

i had 2 pm's today, but no emails, just a heads up, no biggie.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I checked the admin. panel and you can check it yourself through your UserCP, go to edit options and then scroll to Messaging & Notification then to Private Messaging and make sure this is checked: The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message. Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

16. mike oxlong

no doubt, I have that setting set up correctly. Like I said in the previous post, I get the email notifications, they just usually come several days, if not longer, later. For example, in the last couple weeks I got 12 pm's. I got no notifications, then all of a sudden yesterday, I got 12 email notifications all at once.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well I checked it and it wasn't checked so through the admin Cpanel I just checked it before I posted the previous message. Steve is going to let the hosting company know so they can fix it.

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

no bugs to report here......just a compliment that I think it's running very nicely. Seems to be smooth and fast. Hope we've finally settled on a home.

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thanx Doug, we hope so too our hosting company is very customer service oriented and they respond back fairly quickly so we're hoping our affiliation will be a long one.

20. mike oxlong

if it wasn't checked, then how did I get 12 all at once yesterday? I have never unchecked it, lol