New Regime Undecided On Browns Rookie Brandon Weeden As QB Of The Future

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Dec 28, 2012.

1. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I'm still lukewarm on Weeden. I think he was a desperation pick by a regime that knew it was on the way out and it probably became a self fulfilling prophecy. But, I think he can get better. The improvement he needs is mental, not physical so I'm not worried about him being almost 30 right now.
    As for Richardson, I forgot about the games where the Browns completely abandoned the run, so he didn't get any 4th quarter runs against a tired defense.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, granted, the browns had a tendency to abandon the run too early, but even when t.rich had an opportunity to run the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarters, he was less effective than in the 1st half.

they used him a LOT in the first halves of games and i wonder if part of their abandonment of the running game was because t.rich was tired being used so much in the 1st half. The coaches actually may not have used t.rich properly this season and maybe he could have been more effective if properly utilized.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Yeah, an offense with another dimension would help him for sure. This is still the youngest or second youngest team in the NFL. They have 16 players on the offensive side of the depth chart with 3 years or less NFL experience. 2 of those are backup linemen, but still that's 14 who get significant playing time. 15 if you count Thad Lewis today.