New scheme's aim: unleash tight ends

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Cowboys tight end Anthony Fasano finished his rookie season a year ago with little satisfaction. "It was up and down and a long season for me," Fasano said. "I was just disappointed in my production level." Bill Parcells' second-round pick had just 14 catches and struggled with being more of a fullback than a pass catcher. But in his first game with new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, Fasano had a breakout night in the Cowboys' 23-10 preseason victory against the Colts. That's because Garrett's play-calling debut was all about utilizing the tight end. His old teammate Jay Novacek would be proud.

Source: Rick Herrin, Star-Telegram.com

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Do they have the talent to bust out at that position?

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Two time pro-bowler Jason Witten, and 2nd round pick from last year Anthony Fassano. Yeah...I think we have enough ;)

4. Buck Fenson

Oh. Care to let us borrow one of them???

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You already took our assistant coach who by the way, exposed us last year. And you want more?!?!

6. Buck Fenson

Of course. I am greedy. Just around here growing up all I saw was Cowboy stuff.

7. Omen

then you sir were blessed

8. Buck Fenson

Not really. Not when this is Saints country.

9. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

Eric Johnson is pretty good when healthy....better than Zac Hilton lol.

10. Buck Fenson

That is the main point. "When healthy" is a word I really don't like. We have had some tight ends with potential. Like Cam "Glass" Cameron.

11. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

How about Zach Hilton....He was supposed to be an up and coming TE and now he's a camp fodder in Niner camp.

12. Buck Fenson

He is a good receiver. But too tall to be a blocker. Payton wants his tight ends to be good at receiving and blocking. His dad used to post on a different message board. Pretty cool guy. Sent me an autographed pic of Zack. He is good in the red zone.

13. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

He wont be doing that with the Niners....I liked him in NO though.

14. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

The Cowboys have the TE's to pull this off alright, i hate to say it as i'm a Skins fan but i honestly think Witten is really underrated. He consistently plays well, makes big catches when needed and is a decent blocker from what i've seen.

15. Omen

yeah i agree i know he aint not gates or gonzalez but they keep putting him under some Te's that are not as good judt drafted higher

16. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

I thought this was supposed to be going down since last year when they drafted Fasano..

17. KASSIE

KASSIE What's It to YA??

We have the talent now can we use it is another question....

18. Omen

last year was supposed to be more of 2 te scheme to block for the rb or have one come out in the flats but this year i think we will use them differently and more like norv turner used novacheck

19. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 NFL Fans Refugee

Tony Curtis is really coming along as well. TE may be the teams deepest position.

20. Slammed

Slammed NFL-Fans Refugee

And WR