New Server Move Bug Report Thread V3.0

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

no need to move this just go to PM's problem solved.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Everytime I post a news story, I get at the very least 3 database errors before the post finally goes through.

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

yeah the database errors are brutal

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

^^^^this^^^^^^

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Not happy that those data base errors are happening to everyone but I'm kinda relieved to know it's not some kind of hazing for us noobs. :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

If I try to post in multiple tabs, I get database errors
    but if I only post in one tab, Im ok.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm getting them for almost everything now and getting a lot of "load times" for threads and posts...

8. Banyaaz

Banyaaz Video Drone

same

9. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Basically the same as everyone else. Other than the database errors, I have had no problems.

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am sorry about the database move. We are currently on a VPS and are sharing resources with other sites. We will be moving to a dedicated server in 2-3 weeks. Until then the hosting company is working hard behind the scenes to tweak our settings. Thank you to all who have been so patient these last couple of months. We are almost out of the woods here so please hang in there with us just a bit longer.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I thought we're already moved to the new server? Will there be another downtime?

12. Malakai

Malakai Starter

If he is moving to a dedicated with the same company then the downtime will be minimal as the company can clone the account from one server to another.
    Ultimately that would mean that the only downtime would be when the DNS get updated with the new IP's.......
    ^^ Despite many claims which say that will take 72hours, it's never usually longer than an hour unless the registrar is very poor.

I know all this because I've done this for my own clients many times. (just so you don't think I am speaking without education) :)

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, I have a PhD on "I don't give a rat's butt about what you know", but I'm not yelling it in every thread I post in :icon_confused:

14. Malakai

Malakai Starter

*at risk of spamming*

I wish there was a smiley which could symbolise how lame that response was.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:word42:

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Olly, we did move but Malakai is correct in his guess, the company we are with now is the same company that we're upgrading to a dedicated server, everything has been configured and most of these if not all of these problems will go away when we get the dedicated server, and the downtime should be very minimal.

There are people here that are either in the business or work in IT, thank you all for you input but there's no real reason to be attacking one another on what one knows that the other may not, the company we are with comes highly recommended and in all seriousness we are doing this only for ALL OF YOU MEMBERS, that is our only concern.

Now stop the oneupmanship....please

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I can't access a damn thing in the staff forum...

Maybe I've been fired and don't know it....

[​IMG]

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

opps....

Can you see the forums but just can't open it up or what? Send SRW a PM about it, but I'm not sure if its a server problem because I can't see and click to it.

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I've noticed today that new posts are not showing up by their time stamp. When I refresh or click on new posts I can only see posts though 4:38 and I know I've posted and even started a new thread since then.

20. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

I get lots of Database Error. Im posting NEws then when I press on submit. Then I have to rewrite the story again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.