NFL Drops The Hammer On The Saints For Bounty Program

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Mar 21, 2012.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Yeah videotaping the opposing team's coaches is far worse than paying guys to put the health and well-being of others in serious danger.

Seriously dude, get real.

2. andy82

Carolina Panthers?

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Let's assume most, if not every team does that. Saints just got caught....

4. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Pretty much how I feel, video taping another teams play signals and walkthroughs is nowhere near as bad as additionally paying players to injure others. Especially when the game is as high speed as it is, those injuries could be for a game, a season, or lifetime.

5. andy82

Dave McGinnis was hired a while back in the event that Williams got banned, it would be presume that he does step into the role.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I am serious. So you think they hit harder for a few extra hundred bucks? And this is football. not hopscotch. All this PC crap is freaking stupid. That is like trying to make war less deadly. This is a tough game. And if you think someone is not hitting hard just because they are not getting a monetary incentive that is insane. And say what you will, the Saints, when caught, owned up to it unlike the stupid remark from the Pats that videotaping for years has no impact on the game.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I always thought that was part of the game. To knock out the other teams best player. Besides, it is not football anymore. It is entertainment now.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. well, all of you that were screaming for harsh action certainly got it.................

9. andy82

I completely agree with you. If you remember, that was the exact line I took in the thread when the news first broke about bountygate, and I still believe there are many teams that do the same, Saints just got careless and let themselves get busted.

It doesn't take away from the idiocity of Buck's comments that videotaping is worse than encouraging the serious harming of others.

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Saints got nuked.

11. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Well i would disagree cause i remember watching some of the saints game and wondering why they would play past the whistle and looked to hurt players. I mean just that Bret Favre game i remember going DAMN Favre is getting hecked up and i though they were really trying to take him out.

But i will say that the fact that the tapes from the spygate were destroyed without being released makes me believe that perhaps it was an unfair advantage on 1 of not more playoffs/superbowl games

12. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Saints will not win Super Bowl 47

13. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

but we'll still beat you twice :icon_cheesygrin:

14. Saintsfan1972

15. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I doubt it.

We'll have an actual Head Coach

16. dpn

dpn 18to44

WOW! I knew it could be big, but a year suspension is a bit of a surprise.

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Breesus saves.

18. Saintsfan1972

if he ever signs the damn contract....lol

19. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Took the words right out of my fingers.

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

All NFL Def do it. I have buddy and we volunteer together once a month. He is a retired player (defense). He played 14 yrs. he said everyone does it. But the coaches arent usually involved as Williams was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk