NFL Explains Steelers LB James Harrison's Roughing The Passer Penalty

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the league should allow qbs the right to go in the game strapped. Someone goes for the head give them a double tap to the cranium. bet they would quit going up top. LOL

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Note: This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

espn is reporting this morning that harrison will likely be suspended for 1 or 2 games

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

If you're talking about Sunday Countdown it said the league is going to meet to discuss a possible 1-2 game suspension. I didn't get "lhe will likely be suspended" from that.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Ah I actually did not realize that, however McCoy was neither a runner and was defenseless.

Look, I don't think Harrison should get suspended, I don't think he had malicious intent, but he did make an illegal play, and he could have wrecked Colt's career with a hit like that, he should be fined.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I don't think he should get suspended for that hit alone. It's the fact that the NFL felt it had to come out and re-emphasize a rule based on his play, and he's STILL doing it. I don't think they have a choice.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

2 games would be non-sense. I think even one is over doing it, but I can see it as a repeat offender and they want to make an example of him. Robinson didn't get suspended. Seymour hasn't been suspended. 2 would be too much...