NFL Legend LB Junior Seau Dead At 43

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, May 2, 2012.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Sports Illustrated

*sniff*

2. bossco

bossco Rookie

Wow that's crazy. One of my favorite players of all time. R.I.P.

49ers n Lakers for life

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Very saddened to hear this. My deepest condolences to his family.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW8dzJhXs5Q]Emotional Wiley Remembers Seau - YouTube[/ame]

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dermontti Dawson spoke with one of his friends today that had spoken with Seau this morning about playing a round of golf and Junior told him that it wouldn't be possible today...

:icon_eek:

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Damn dude.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

thought this was cool from Saints backup center Eric Olsen

“Wow this is a tough one,” Olsen wrote on his Twitter account when he heard about Seau’s death. “When I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged anyone to a 1-on-1. Being one of the ‘big’ kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can’t even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn’t know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks to this 10-time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid’s day. Doesn’t seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I’ll never forget what you did for me.”

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That don't get to you, nothing ever will. Powerful stuff.

A long time radio host down here Chris Thomas always signed off with "tell someone you love, that you love them". He passed away years ago of cancer...

Tragic. R.I.P. Junior.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Now I'm getting pissed at Seau for doing this to himself. His was the first Dolphins jersey I bought for myself.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and i'm getting pissed at a lot of the player reactions today blaming this (once again) on the league ....... i've heard several comments today from ex-players saying this IS because of head trauma ..........

HOW THE FREAK DO YOU KNOW THAT FOR A FACT? MAYBE SEAU JUST COULDN'T DEAL WITH NOT BEING IN THE SPOTLIGHT ANYMORE!! MAYBE HE'S ALWAYS HAD MENTAL PROBLEMS AND HIS DEPRESSION JUST BECAME WORSE AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE AND NOT HAVING SOMETHING TO DO EVERY DAY!!!

AND REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU TRY TO CONVINCE US, YOU KNEW THE HEALTH RISKS WHEN YOU PLAYED THE GAME !!! YOU CHOSE THE FAME AND FORTUNE OVER YOUR HEALTH, NOW LIVE WITH YOUR DECISIONS!!

YOU DON'T DESERVE LIFETIME HEALTH BENEFITS !!! NONE OF US THAT WORK OUR ENTIRE LIVES TO MAKE LESS THAN YOU MADE IN 1 YEAR GET LIFETIME HEALTH BENEFITS WHEN WE RETIRE SO WHY SHOULD YOU?!?!

GO FREAK YOURSELVES IF YOU DIDN'T SAVE YOUR MONEY AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WHEN YOU CAN'T PLAY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ANYMORE!!!

AND TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR ALL OF YOUR FREAKING LAME-BUTT LAWSUITS ON THE DAY A FREAKING GUY DIED SHOWS YOU ARE MORE PITIFUL AND DESPERATE THAN I EVER IMAGINED!!

ok, sorry, rant over.

11. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

wow RIP Junior :(

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

R.I.P

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

One of the last guys I'd expect to commit suicide. I'm totally blown away by this one. RIP Juinor.

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this is too bad. seemed like a great guy on and off the field RIP

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

This is really sad....thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fans. Rest in Peace, Junior Seau. :icon_sad:

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

suicide is never the answer sad that he would take it that far

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm kind of leaning toward what Marcellus Wiley was saying when he said Junior was a guy that would never let anyone see him at his weakest point on the field or after the game. And he kind of feels like that's how he was in real life too.

18. friend of mine said he thinks it might have been losing his wife. Think about it he didn't have football or his family anymore. My friend was suggesting he cheated on his wife, his wife left him, that's how he ended up with the 25 year old snitch who said he hit her. He really wanted to be with his wife but couldn't. It's possible.

19. bossco

bossco Rookie

If anyone has ever had this happen in there family then you know sometimes you just don't see it coming or you do everything to try to help them but they find a way.

49ers n Lakers for life