NFL Says No To Super Bowl Viewing Party At The Superdome

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BettisComeBack, Jan 26, 2010.

1. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

WTF? If they are watching the game at the stadium, would they not also see the commercials? Pure BS, the NFL doesn't want anyone making a profit on concessions. They donate one Mil. to Haiti, and when something can be done to raise money for a state that was also hit by a disaster and could use the monies raised to help, the NFL says NOPE, too bad, too sad. What a bunch of losers.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Donations count against the tax, so it isn't really a loss. Screw Godell

1 person likes this.
  3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Is Goodell the new Bush?

:icon_eek:

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Kind of weird. Back in 2000 my beloved Indiana Pacers made the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history and when we forced the series back to Los Angeles for a Game 6, the Pacers were allowed to host a viewing party at Conseco Fieldhouse and we ended up with a really nice crowd packed in there to watch the game on the scoreboard jumbotron. The P's ended up losing but it was a pretty exciting event to be a part of.

Apples & oranges maybe, I dunno. But I loved it when the churched in Indy got banned from hosting Super Bowl parties for the Colts-Bears Super Bowl. Screw Colts fans. LOL. Yes I am still bitter.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's a cool story dude.

Damn shame the Saints fans can't do it...

6. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

The NFL just has crap rules. Even on the field play the rules aren't as good as they used to be.

7. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

what a joke

what about the owner of the dome ? i would say heck you goodell, thats my house.

8. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Funny you should say that, because in that article, it explains the guidelines and why that church broke it. And I believe they still showed it, but modified the event a little.
    As for the NBA Finals, there is no such rule about it (once again stated in the article)

However, it also says that that MLB has a similar policy, but I remember the Giants opening up AT&T to watch baseball there.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I just think this is rotten. This crap needs to change.

Are the Colts fans having a shindig at the RCA Dome?