NFL Says No Violations By Buccaneers On Final Kneeldown Vs Giants

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by Sweets, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

That doesn't always work...lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FI28rJamY"]Miracle at the Meadowlands - YouTube[/ame]

A kneel down is a victory formation. Who gives a heck, it's been there forever. Eliminate it...lol...hogwash. If the D wants to go full speed, then go full speed. The offense shoyld be prepared to block no matter what. The games not over...I'm actually surprised a player hasn't tried to dive over the line and make the QB fumble.

Screw "unwritten rules."

"unwritten rules" in sports are freaking dopey to start with...

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Just FYI guys, the Bucs beat the Panthers week one, they did a kneel down and no one tried to cause a fumble, I'm with BS81 on this. If the Giants ran another play and it went for a TD people would be calling them buttholes who run up the score like the pats did a few years ago. Not to mention the fact the Giants did a kneel down to end the first half and nothing was done. This is just a case of a hot crap wanna be tough guy coach with little rod syndrome who is bitter his team lost after having a sizable lead.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

That's exactly where I'm coming from. Just cuz they do what they do, doesn't make it anything but BS to me.

& it's not just football. For just 1 example in another sport, in a MLB batting title race where certain players have sat out to protect a few % point lead. What is it? BS Legal? Sure but still BS.

Of course the NFL has endorsed this by letting them cat out by taking a knee but once again, BS

I know what you're saying when it comes to who was going against the 'unwritten rule' but he doesn't come in to play in my view at all. The NFL didn't ask my opinion of what, as a fan, I'd rather see...a team play a full game to secure a win or a team using a clock to hide behind.

So heck the unwritten as far as I'm concerned. If the NFL wants even more layering of bullcrap protection, then make it a f'n rule & call it a day. Otherwise, I say kick 'em in the nuts till the clock strikes 0:00...

I never buy in to the "But what if" scenarios especially the ones who cry about running up the score. If a team can't stop someone, there's no 'slaughter rule' like in softball. Take your lumps & pay the heckers back next time you play them...if you can but don't whine like a school girl that someone's rubbing your nose in the dirt.

As a Bear fan, I lose an entire season year after year cuz these dumb heckers wouldn't know an offensive lineman even if he was on an FBI poster at the post office.

So when they start following the unwritten rule of not try screwing their fanbase, I'll have some free time to start worrying about some jackholes who want to take it easy at the end of a game by genuflecting like they're at Sunday mbutt.