NFL Says Saints Created 'Bounty Program' From 2009-2011

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

Interesting debate on this...

Still wonder what was the true motivation behind this tho. Have my ideas but not buying the 'holier than thou' NFL approach when the league profited immensely year in & year out while turning a blind eye to stuff like this.

Smacks of MLB's reaction to steroid use.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

good point Tarkus. However, if the league's investigation was going to create a black eye, wouldn't they have just swept the whole thing under the rug?

Or ........... maybe the 'rat' was going to take it to the media regardless of what the league did?

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

That's my feeling, Cap'n...

Figured it was coming out regardless so better from their mouths while it still had flexibility in it's pro-activity & 'plausible deniability'.

Let the fining & revenue stream commence...

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

this is ridiculous. Players not wanting to hurt other players cause this is their job?? Please. If that is true, this league is seriously hecked up. Ask any player before this pussfied players came to the league if they were worried about the opposing player. They will laugh at you. This game now is not football. You dont have the best football players playing the game now. Just a bunch of pussies that run fast. That is it. This is football. Not old maid. Why do defensive players try to hurt people? Cause that is all they can do with the rules nowadays. You dont hear about the offensive players having bounties. It is always the defensive players. They are paid to separate the ball from the player. You don't hear defensive players complaining about the bounties. It is always the offensive players. And from what I hear on tv, because unlike some here, I dont know any actual football players, they have no problem with the "bets". That is a part of the game, has been and will be. The problem I have is that Coach Payton didn't put an end to the practice after being told to. Everything else is bullcrap. Also, can anyone tell me of a play that a Saints player hurt someone outside the framework of the game? Warner and Farve was legal hits.