NFL Suspends Browns WR Donte Stallworth Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by MediaGuy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy has announced, via Twitter, that Commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth indefinitely, without pay, in the wake of Tuesday's guilty plea to felony DUI manslaughter. Per McCarthy, Goodell said that Stallworth has "caused irreparable harm to the victim and his family, your club, your fellow players and the NFL." Stallworth has been sentenced to 30 days of jail time and two years of house arrest/controlled custody.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

At least a year, please.

3. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

If it is the whole year I appluade you mister Goddell, for at least making a small dent in the injustice of our legal systeam.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wonder if he's just waiting until Stallworth finishes his jail time to put a number on it. Goodell may want to see if he gets in trouble in prison first.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

annoucing it via twitter is freaking q***r

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

He's taking his time because there is no need to rush it, he has the pimp hand, and he wants to meet with Stallworth and his peoples first.

As if Stallworth is going to get in trouble in 30 days time in jail... that's a non-issue.

7. DawkinsINT

Donte's gonna be shanking fools left and right. Non-issue?

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

He'll pull a hamstring trying to shank the first one. No more shanking for at least 30 days.

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I would have no problem with him being expelled from the league - in comparison with the ringer Mike Vick went through for considerably less (No PETA bullcrap please) I think it would be ridiculous to allow the murdering son of a snitch to play another snap.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's hard to call him a murdering son of a snitch for this.

As Dawk has pointed out before he's cooperated fully.

The two years house arrest would effectively end his career wouldn't it?

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

well he had no other choice but to cooperate.

12. DawkinsINT

House arrest terms would allow him to work whether it be with the NFL or elsewhere.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:laughy32:

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Make an example of him Goodell...heck 'em.

15. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Under Roger....He is gone for at least a year. New Sentences come with a New Sheriff. And this new Sheriff is what this out of control league needs. You play by the rules, or you do not play. 'Nuff said. Back to posting NFL headlines. :icon_cool:

16. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I don't think that calling him a murderer is out of line - a man is dead and he is the cause by way of drunken recklessness, in the eyes of the law he is not a 'murderer' but I'm sure to the family of the victim would feel its a fair assesment and just because he is a professional football player he should receive no special considerations when we're speaking in the realm of life and death.
    As to his cooperation, I don't think there was ever any doubt that he is guilty as sin so crying innocence or any other bullcrap would only damn him further.

17. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

As I understand it, the guy he hit was running across a 3-lane road, not in the crosswalk, at 5am in the morning. It's debate-able that had he been completely sober, 2 hands on the steering wheel etc, whether this would have been avoided. The situation sucks, but if alcohol weren't involved, I wouldn't hold anything against him. I don't feel the addition of alcohol makes him a murderer though.

18. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Hey rook - the fact is alcohol was a factor, a man is dead and a guy with $1,000,000 killed him - I don't believe we should look to these guys as demigogues but I don't think its unfair for him to forfeit his career for getting crapfaced and killing a man, no matter what time of day it was (thats how it'd be for me or you). Plus Michael Vick - that man is going to have to suck a couple rods before he can even hold a football again and he killed DOGS. Blaming the victim is easy - but not right, especially when public figures are involved.

19. DawkinsINT

This post is a joke, right?

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

a.) No "if", he was DUI
    b.) his acting after the accident was awefull