NFL Weekend Primer - Predictions Edition

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Steve12, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Division results.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Oh I see. I guess that finishing order was too strange for my brain to even comprehend lol.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Very...but the NFL is a strange place.

4. Steve12

It sure is. And if Krappernuts flops that could be a very likely order.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The infamous Super Bowl "Hangover" from the early/mid 2000's is making a comeback...

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

nice picks. But I must take umbrage with your pick with the Packs beating the Saints in the playoffs. Both defenses are not strong but from what I seen in the preseason, barring more damn injuries, our defense is somewhat better than the Packs. I think our running game will be better and of course our offense is starting to click. I like our young group of receivers and we win the tight end battle. I see us making it to at least the NFC Championship game.

7. Steve12

I think the saints will be really good. But I don't see them jumping all the way to the top in their first season with Payton back. They'll prove their point that they're back and not to be taken lightly, but I can't pick them to go all the way just yet.

8. Buck Fenson

we went from 3-13 to the NFC Championship game in 06. We have better talent now than we had back then. I am not a football guru by any means but I just don't see how everyone thinks Rodgers is the crap. He won one Super Bowl. I hear all the pundits touting Rodgers as the next coming of Jesus Christ but I see other qb's who I think is better. Not trying to start crap but can someone tell me in layman's terms what they think makes him so great? I am serious.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I see it as easy as his TD to INT ratio, Buck

It pains me to no end to admit this as a Bear fan but this guy has the most important QB ingredient & that's that he doesn't force things.

Even with a crapty OL & being the most sacked, he just doesn't get forced into mistakes. You may make him hold the ball too long or throw it away buy you can't count on his mistakes as a rule.

Add in that he's got a rocket of an arm & the accuracy, along with an above stable of WRs, & he's the creme of the crop IMO.

10. Steve12

He has a strong arm, well above average mobility, great accuracy, great decision making skills.

Basically, he's a top 3 thrower, and top 5 runner. Rare skills for a quarterback.

I get your point about going from bad to good. I don't really have a rebuttal. Like I said, i'm a big believer in the saints this year. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

11. Buck Fenson

I see your point.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Because of their defense, which I like the looks of so far, I think the Cowboys will be better than many people think.

13. Steve12

The cowboys should be better. They should be good. But we say that every year. Every year they should be good but they always disappoint. So i'm not picking them. But maybe this will finally be the year they can not heck themselves.

14. ragman

It all depends on injuries.

15. Steve12

Not really. Injuries can have a huge impact, but nothing depends fully on injuries.

16. ragman

Totally disagree. The Cowboys had a lot of injuries on the defensive side of the ball last season. Their record of 8-8 would have been better if that hadn't happened.

17. Steve12

Next man up bro. Injuries do have an effect, but to say a season is dependent on injuries is just wrong.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

my predictions for 2013 for the helluvit

1) the only reason any team in the AFC East will finish above .500 is because the division is so weak and they get 6 games against one another.

2) cincy has a chance to have a very good year, cleveland will win a few more games this year, and baltimore will take a step back

3) The Colts will take a step back. won't make the playoffs i would guess

4) Philly will win a few more games this year and the NFC East will be a log jam

5) The NFC North will not be as strong as it was last season. Instead of 3 double digit-win teams, there may only be 1. Or zero.

6) The NFC South will once again be solid and the Saints should get back into the postseason

19. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Going to Cal Neva(Reno Nv) This wknd Should I place all them bets for you all? Need your houses as collateral though I do like my Chiefs to make the playoffs..

20. ragman

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Steve. If the Cowboys hadn't lost Lee and Carter to injuries last season, I bet that would have given them a couple of extra W's. You just can't replace that kind of talent just like that.