NFL Weekend Primer - Predictions Edition

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Steve12, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Wish I had a bulletin board to put this on and post a pic to 49ers instagram lol

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Tell that to the packers the year they won the super bowl. That whole team was rebuilt almost weekly because of injuries. But they still won the super bowl.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

because Rodgers walks on water then turns it into wine.

4. Steve12

That's true. The packers have a legit elite qb, while the cowboys really don't.

5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Nice work [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION],however things could get interesting if defences start smashing the read option QBs.SF have nothing at backup.Also don't agree with the Saints pick,that D is still suspect,so is the Packer D.Bears are interesting because of the coaching change.Usually takes teams a while to adjust to new coaching philosophy,but teams with new coaches are normally crap from the previous year.Bears only missed playoffs last year by a whisker and Trestman has a good base to work with.I think people are underestimating the Vikes.

6. Steve12

Thanks for the insight [MENTION=4446]Aussie61[/MENTION]. Yea there are definitely some picks that can be questioned. I question some of them myself (one in particular). But no one wants to read the same old predictions everywhere, and I can explain why I make my picks. I just try to make it interesting for people.

I agree that the saints defense is sketchy, but that offense can outscore anyone.

And from what I've seen, all 3 of the phenom "read option qb's" from last year can all throw from the pocket and be very successful. So even if teams can slow down the option, they'll still be able to be successful.

And the Vikings are not impressive to me. Zero chance Peterson comes anywhere near last years stats, so they cant ride on his back again. Ponder is the biggest qb question mark in the division, and I don't think he can keep defenses from loading up the box against Adrian.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  7. Steve12

As for the bears, that's the pick I question the most. I put them in the wild card over the falcons, because I think new orleans will win the division. Maybe its because I live in 10 minutes from bears camp and I listen to Chicago sports radio every day, but i'm really buying into this new bears regime. Maybe i'm overvaluing them, but hey, this is just for fun anyways.

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Ponder will be ok and we have better receivers.On the downside though we have Musgrave calling plays,he of the smallest ever play card!! Also our corners are a question mark,Rhodes will be great eventually but for now a rookie is a rookie,Cook can't stay on the field,after that it gets very thin!!.:icon_eek:

9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

[MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]: I like the thread,it's fun to throw ideas around.I read a stat the other day that on average 4 teams make the playoffs each year who weren't there the previous year,so your picks are probably closer than many people think

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Read it pondered it

I wouldn't put the Saints ahead of the falcons. That d is gonna struggle with rob Ryan's elaborate scheme. Plus the saints have a suspect RB corps. Ingram is coming off injury and hasn't developed fully. Where as the falcons have added Stephen J to already explosive offense.

Next Green Bay lost a lot of starters but non were as important the single callers that Lee and carter were. Last yr the cowboys were a bounce here and there away from being 8-8 to 10-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

11. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Denver, Cincinnati, Houston, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore.
    San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, New York, Atlanta, Chicago.

Houston over Baltimore. New England over Pittsburgh.
    Denver over New England. Cincinnati over Houston (Finally!)
    Denver over Cincinnati.

New Orleans over Chicago. Atlanta over New York.
    San Francisco over Atlanta. New Orleans over Green Bay.
    New Orleans over San Francisco.

Denver over New Orleans.

MVP: Peyton Manning
    OPOY: C.J. Spiller
    DPOY: J.J. Watt

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Why not? Anything's possible.

What records are you guessing Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans and Atlanta will have to earn 2 of the 4 of a Wild Card berth over Seattle? And Seattle's record?

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

our rb corps is in fine shape. We don't depend on Ingram for most our yards. That is Pierre Thomas's job. Also we have a rookie Kirye Robinson that is a beast. Think Chris Ivory but not a big fumbler. Our defense played against their strengths last year. We are a attacking style defense and I think it will be more like 2009-2011 defense rather than last years. While we don't have a "premier" pass rusher that everyone fears I like our secondary upgrades and that always helps an average to below average pass rush. I am not saying we will be a top 10 defense but we don't need to be. If Ryan can get us to the middle of the pack we will be just fine. Look out for the Kap twin roaming in the secondary. He will make his mark.