NFL Winners And Losers "Pre-Season Week 1"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Aug 14, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Football! Whoooooo! What an interesting week we had. Some players answered questions and some leave you asking questions. This is the drama that gets me excited about this part of the year. Lets get into my picks.:icon_cool:

Winner #1- Alex Smith

After this man lost his job, he was traded to the Chiefs. They have been staving for a signal caller for years. Andy Reid wanted him and showed the world that Alex Smith could be his guy. Hell of a drive he orchestrated. The ball was spread around well. Trust me. Alex Smith is a better quarterback then Jay Cutler.

[​IMG]

Loser # 1- The Niner's 2nd string offense

Normally, I only want to pick one person. Instead of ripping into several players and wasting several loser spots, I will use only one. AJ Jenkins does nothing but hurt himself. He makes a catch that would have been a first down. What happens when next? fumble! You are on the bubble young man. Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzein were less than stellar. If Colin Kaepernick goes down for any time, I see some big problems moving the chains through the air. LaMicheal James and D.J. Harper better hold on the football.

[​IMG]

Winner #2- Chris Johnson

In 2009 season, this man was going by the name CJ2k. History shows that most runningbacks careers fall apart when rushing over 1,800 yards in one season. Terrel Davis, Jamal Lewis, and Shaun Alexander all prove this. Chris Johnson was added to the list but im crossing him out for now. For past couple years he looks like he lost a step. He proved he still has the speed and elusiveness to be a top back in this league.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgC3zQftMqE]Chris Johnson 58-yard touchdown vs Redskins - YouTube[/ame]

Loser #2- Andy Dalton

When you have reports about you not stepping your game up in camp, you better not show up like that in a game. Andy Dalton is a third year quarterback with all the weapons to be top tier passer. Alot of the starting passers are in mid-season form. You have to make a statement and march your team down field and get points. Don't disappoint your fans.

[​IMG]

Winner #3- Nick Foles

The battle going on in philly is a tough one. With Micheal Vick doing an admiral job in his first showing this year , Nick Foles had some weight on his shoulders. Unfortunately, he had the ball smacked right out of his hand causing a turnover. His next series was great. He couldn't have done any better running Chip Kelly's high tempo offense. He showed he can stay poised and that his mobility is much improved from last year.

[​IMG]

Loser #3- Blaine Gabbert

I really feel for Jaguar fans. This guy is in his third year and is showing no signs of improving. If he doesn't get cut or lose his job, I will be surprised. 5/10 for 19 yards and a pick? That is terrible for a former top ten pick. The front office of the Jaguars has some thinking to do.

[​IMG]

Winner #4- LeGarrette Blount and Stevan Ridley

These two combined 19 carries for 193 yards and 3 touchdowns. I think its been a long time since we really seen the Patriots run the ball well. Thinking back around Corey Dillion, when had that superb year. These two men are going to have a nice year if they continue to run like that. With Tom Brady at helm, running lanes will be open.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3PS57b0Eo"]Legarrette Blount first New England Patriots TD Cut City!! - YouTube[/ame]

Loser #4- Christian Ponder

You go 1 for 2 15 yards and pick. Then you have no more pass attempts? Im not going to blame him fully. Im only guessing but they don't think he has the mental strength I believe. Why else try to protect your quarterback? I would have him go out on a high note rather then a pick. Im not a coach, so who knows?

[​IMG]

Winner #5- NFL Defensive Rookies

These games I have been watching very entertaining. The main reason is because I love defense. Seeing guys like Corey Lemonier, Jon Bostic, T.J. McDonald, and Sio Moore brings a smile on my face. Im looking foward to see who wins defensive rookie of the year.

[​IMG]

Loser #5- The Eagle's defense

What? You didn't think I was going get these guys? Earlier in the week, Brandon Boykin "a potential starter" was crying about the Patriots were picking on the team. It's how most people see it. Practice, nothing more or less. Switching over to a 3-4 defense will be a tough challenge for this group of men. Mential mistakes will happen early and often as shown in the earlier video.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. MadMoxxiFavGun

I promise to do more winners and losers in the future. Im really sick write now and I went on till I couldnt do anymore without missing deadline

3. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

That Chris Johnson run was nice. My granpa is not a fan of him, but said that run was impressive. Maybe his head finally swelled back down to normal size

4. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

LOL Capt Checkdown... come on.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Losers: GIF members wanting the rest of the list from [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION]

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

For losers, the Cowboys special team. They had a FG blocked, and fumbled deep in their own territory to set up a Raiders score.

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

happy?

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Bears starting O-Line not a week 1 preseason loser? I would have thought they would have been on the list of losers forsure.

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

cant put everyone on list. it would water it down

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Brandon Weeden looking like he belongs on an NFL roster is a win in my book

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Good job.

I'd have Blaine Gabbert as No. 1 and leave him there until he's out of the league. And to think a lot of pundits had him going as the first pick in '11.

12. MadMoxxiFavGun

alex smith sure made me look good tonight:icon_rolleyes:

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Should you end up being wrong about something that actually is good for your team...that's a tough pill to swallow.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I thought Kaep was unlikely to work out in the NFL.