NHL Cancels All Games Through December 30th

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Mike, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

The NHL announced Monday that all games have been canceled through Dec. 30.

There already have been 422 regular-season games lost through Dec. 14 because of the lockout, and the latest cuts on Day 86 of the league shutdown claimed an additional 104. The NHL previously called off the New Year's Day Winter Classic, as well as the All-Star Game.

In all, the 526 lost games account for nearly 43 percent of the regular season that had been scheduled to begin Oct. 11.

The league and the NHLPA remain in a stalemate in negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement, but NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Sunday that the sides are trying to restart talks this week.

ESPN.com

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this just sucks. i hate to see these things happen

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still possibly 6 months of hockey left...lol.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

CANCEL THE SEASON ALREADY!

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

They just announced that all games are cancelled through January 14th. Seems like just yesterday the last NHL labor dispute was in full swing.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still 5+ months of hockey if they decide to go...lol

7. ragman

Half the season's gone. A season now would be a sham, IMO.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

It does suck but it doesent effect me as much as football lockout would. For me it goes Nfl,nba,nhl,mlb so im not that dissapointed.

9. ragman

Me either.

10. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

This is what I dont think they understand. They lost a lot of fans during the last lockout they have finally started getting some lost fans back. This is going to more bad than good and fans are going to be very fickle as they should be if you are a fan of hockey why would you watch the NHL when you know every 5-6 years theirs going to be labor disputes. Bad business move on all sides. Plus if your a hockey fan theirs the CHL and Russian league that you can watch if you know where to look.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Screw hockey. I was actually coming around and trying to like it the last couple years. I watched like 2.5 playoff hockey games last season. But now they pull this crap. They are completely alienating potential fans like myself who try to get into it but can't now. Screw the NHL. I won't miss it if it goes away forever.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I always remain neutral in these sports labor disagreements because we have to rely on the media for their interpretation of what's going on. But when Donald Fehr proclaims "All The Giving Has Been Done By The Players", that's just a bunch of freaking diversionary bullcrap. Screw the NHL, the NHLPA and especially heck that limp wristed cockroach freaking Donald Fehr. I hope he jaywalks in downtown Manhattan and slips and falls.:rant: The NHL is so irrelevant in the US I don't even know why I give a crap.