NHL FA & Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bears 88, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Ryan Malone signs a big deal with Tampa Bay.

Oilers acquired Lubomir Visnovsky from the Kings in exchange for Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Wow. I didn't think Malone would ever leave Pittsburgh.

I've been hearing rumors that Pitt might try to trade Malkin, because they are making re-signing Hossa their main priority. Sounds crazy, but a few people have reported it.

3. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

OILERS BRING IN COLE, BRULE WITH PAIR OF TRADES

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242167&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

4. burnout2oo7

Nice trades for Edmonton. I like Cole and I think Pitkanen was a small price to pay for him. Too bad Joni never lived up to the huge expectations we had for him.

5. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Alot of fun today. :highfive:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be a bad move on the Penguins part to trade Malkin, unless they sent him to the Flyers...

7. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

We signed Brian Campbell. :cele18:

8. burnout2oo7

Wow. I thought he'd resign with San Jose.

Defenseman are going off the market left and right. Hatcher better decide on retirement soon so we know where we stand on cap room.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed unrestricted free agent forwards Glen Metropolit (meh-troh-PAW-liht) and Nate Raduns; and unrestricted free agent defensemen Ossi Vaananen (AW-see VAN-ih-nehn) and Sean Curry, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have acquired 6’1”, 194-pound defenseman Tim Ramholt from the Calgary Flames in exchange for left wing Kyle Greentree, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have traded defenseman Janne Niskala (YAH-nee NIHS-kah-lah) to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for their sixth round choice in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have acquired 6’3”, 205-pound defenseman Patrik Hersley (HUHRS-lee) and 6’0’, 185-pound left wing Ned Lukacevic (loo-kuh-SAY-vihk) from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for defenseman Denis Gauthier and their second round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

Busy busy busy!

I'd like to see that Malkin name pop up somewhere...

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

congrats !

blackhawks built a great team and they have a great future !

11. burnout2oo7

Nothing real big, though. We haven't signed a real starter (except for maybe one guy to replace Dowd on the fourth line) yet. It's nice that we're loaded on prospects now, but we need another defenseman. We also need Hatcher to make a decision on retirement so we know where we stand on starting d-man and in cap room. He's freaking us over right now.

I'd also like to see the Malkin name pop up somewhere (preferably in the Western Conference), but I think it's too late. They only would have done that so that they can re-sign Hossa and now that FA has started, the chances of them trading Malkin and signing Hossa both look very slim.

Hey LJ. What is your opinion on Eminger. We got to see him in the first round of the playoffs and he looked pretty good, but is that the Eminger we should expect to see for a whole regular season?

12. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Wonder where Marian Hossa is going to land?

13. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

Wings Sign HOSSA to a 1 year 7.4 milllion deal, bringing stanley back tot he D again next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. burnout2oo7

That's just not fair. Oh well. At least he's not in Pittsburgh. I thought he would have gotten a much longer deal from someone, especially with the Pens rumored to have so much interest in re-signing him.

15. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

its crazy he basiclly said F U to the Pens and gave them a snitch slap as he went out the door

i can safely say now that the wings are the favs to go back and win the cup going into next season without a doubt

16. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I think it's hilarious the Wings have now signed two Pens.

17. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Hossa only accepted a 1 year deal? After all that blabber about a big deal. [​IMG]

Nikolai Zherdev traded to the Rangers. scared

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hossa...wow...

I heard a possibility that Jagr could go to the Pens...

19. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

I guess the CBJ's want no one to give Rick Nash the puck. :laughpound:

20. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I guess you think Huselius is a chump. If you've ever watched Nash play you would know he is still going to get his chances.

Sean Avery to the Stars. Someone tell me a team that is more physical than the Stars now.