NHL FA & Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bears 88, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I only have one thing to say to Hossa......

:countdown: .

All the talk he made after the finals about staying in Pittsburgh. I hope Detroit enjoys him for one year because he probably will leave them after that. What a heckin' trader. I hope he chokes next season.

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

He's weak, only a complimentary player. He won't choke, he'll get his numbers but he'll never be a leader.

3. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I believe that also. He really wasn't a factor in the finals...but in other playoff games he was. I was happy to see Malkin sign...I would take him over Hossa in a heartbeat.

4. chiefswin19games

You guys need a backup goalie.

5. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Yeah.....but that doesn't worry me too much.

6. chiefswin19games

If I were you, it would worry me. If you guys make the playoffs again, you will want a rested Fleury. I think backup goalies are underrated. A good backup goalie can make your starter look like gold. Case in point - a couple of years back with Vokoun/Mason with the Preds.

7. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

What I meant is that I think the Pens will pick up a good one....but once Fleury came back from being hurt....Conklin never played again really. Fleury didn't look like he needed rest.

8. chiefswin19games

So what's up with Naslund Susie? Is he gonna take Hossa's spot?

9. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I don't know...I haven't heard anything today. I would love to see Jagr take his spot. Is that still being discussed...do you know?

10. chiefswin19games

I've read the Oil have offered a 1 year, 7 mil contract and the Omsk Russian team have offered 3 years, 35 mil to Jagr. Naslund is more likely in the cards. I think he would look good in a Pens uni again. I think it would revitalize his offensive skills with the players you guys already have.

11. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

Pittsburgh Penguins sign UFA forward Ruslan Fedotenko (1-year, $2.5 million).

Pittsburgh Penguins sign UFA forward Miroslav Satan (1-year, $3.5 million).

tsn.ca

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Oh boy. We're going to have to see that rosy-cheeked butthole a lot next year.

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Hockey buzz is saying that Shanahan is close to signing with the Penguins.

14. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

:icon_eek::icon_eek: Shanny in the Penguins Jersey .... :icon_eek:

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

That would be a good pickup. Much better than when they picked up Leclair or Rechi. They did pick up LeClair a couple seasons ago didn't they?

16. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!