NHL Targeting January 19th As Start Date For 48 Game Season

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The NHL is solely targeting Jan. 19 as a start date to a 48-game regular season, a source told ESPN.com Tuesday.

The league had also looked at playing 50 games with a Jan. 15 start date but is no longer considering that option, the source said, given the time constraints posed by the ratification process.

NHL training camps are tentatively slated to open Sunday, but again that depends on ratification.

Lawyers for both the NHL and NHL Players' Association were still working feverishly Tuesday at completing and agreeing on a CBA memo of understanding. There was hope it might be completed by the end of Tuesday night, sources said, although that wasn't for sure.

Once the memo is completed, the NHLPA will post it on its internal website for the 700-plus players to read and digest. The players' vote, done electronically, is tentatively scheduled for Thursday and Friday.

Source: ESPN

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Give us Center Ice for free and I'll watch. Otherwise, they can heck off.

3. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Guess your not watching then cause it isn't free. I love hockey to much not to watch and I'm happy my Habs are in first place!!

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Actually i'm not gonna lie, i've been watching the hawks occasionally. Their hot start got me interested. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be watching.