No Portis?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by lawsonsp, Sep 23, 2007.

1. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

As I watched my beloved skins try to come back and tie the giants ofrom the one yard line, there was something that dumbfounded me.....NO CLINTON PORTIS!! Gibbs admitted to calling the final plays himself.....y didnt he call 26's number? Do not get me wrong, I love Betts. But he is not our money man and our scorer. Clinton Portis is payed the big bucks for a reason......hes that damn good at scoring. I am really upset with the washington coaching staff ofor this horrid mistake.

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yeah, I was too... but just for fantasy football reasons.

3. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Betts is a hard hitter going into the line, as Portis is more speed.

Betts coming at you vs Portis, I'd take Betts.

However, I think we should have did a FB play, and let big Mike take it in.

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Didn't Portis get hurt?

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Funny, I was saying the same thing. Granted, Idc who won, but i'd of rather love to see NYG at 0-3 then 1-2. Crap, if anything drop back with Campbell and have him run it in, he's not the slowest QB in the world. reguardless..... how much you like Betts, he got stood up on 3rd down, and 4th down he tripped over his own player, i think which was sellers. oh well. Portis needs to be in there at that time.

6. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

But Portis can find the hole and get through it way better than betts. We've seen this repeatedly.....portis is the better goalline runner. Id of even rather seen sellars pound it in then betts.

7. HailttRedskins

I'm going to have to disagree, Betts is more of our bruising back, that's why in most cases they use him on a short 2nd or 3rd down play, regardless, we hecked up. We probably should have used Sellers as I said above, the guy is huge, and with only a yard, I could easily see him plowing through people.

It didn't come down to Betts in my opinion, but poor coaching.

I'm not to worked up over it though, we should have tied it up, we didn't, life goes on.

They need to let Campbell throw the ball more down field, those short passes he's really not that great on, but the deep ball he's on target most of the time.

8. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Well i'm sorry Hallitt i know what you are saying about Betts but Portis is just as capable of being a bruising back and i think he should have been in there ahead of Betts.

I do however agree that Sellers should have been given the ball

9. HailttRedskins

Yeah, they're both nasty, Portis is better IMO, but I like Betts on those downs. However, it definitely should have been Sellers for the run plays.

10. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

I dont like Betts at all in that situation. They try to make him out to be a brusing back, but hes really not that type of runner if u watch him. Sellars is the only real bruiser we have but they didnt want to use him like that b/c had no lead blocker

11. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I think any of the 3 could have made the TD. I think it was more due to the crapty playcalling that failed the skins.

One other point though, the skins shouldnt have had to rely on that last stand to tie the game up. They screwed up by not producing at all in the 2nd half. If the skins could have at least scored another TD or a couple FGs in the 2nd half they would have probably had the game in hand.

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

the O-line/blocking failed...the Giants D just wanted it more...it has nothing to do with Portis not being in there...Betts is just as capable at that point..