Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

To kick it off

OT: Im looking at McShay's first mock.

May be the worst mock ever

Some notes

-Derrick Morgan 3rd overall the Cleveland

- Sam Bradford 7th overall to Washington

- Dez Bryant 17th to Baltimore (no way he slips that far)

- Claussen- 23 to Seattle

- Eagles drafting an OT in the first (not likley with 2 quality young starters)

- Dan Williams a "reach" at 32

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ok....heck that

heres a few things i would like to note

Suh is the best Dlineman in the draft....the suh/mccoy comparisons are irrelevant

Taylor mays is trash, while berry is spectacular.

i want the steelers to draft cody with their top 15 pick in order to legitimize the evander hood pick (maybe)

i think brandon graham is better than kindle

joe haden is not the best corner in the draft....eric berry is (lol)

clausen will be a ram

tate will be the second WR picked....ive never been on the tate wagon til recently

3. Jihad Joe

Tate....as much as I love him with all my heart is gonna have a war with Lefell
    Benn and Williams for the #2 WR

McCoy >>>> Suh = Big program bias. If Suh played at OU and McCoy Nebraska it would be laughable

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

McShay has us taking mayes. Words cannot express......

This is what mayes career is gonna be IMO

Oh, hell be a star. He will be a "star" that gets on SC for a few "ohhhhh......ahhhh" hit force a couple fumbles......pick off a pass here and there and take it too the house. Then in a couple year, fans of whatever team drafts him will start to realize that he is a big reason the are giving up 300-350 yards and 3-4 TDs a game through the air

4. K Train

disagree.

Bryant is #1 idc about not playing much this year....he will work out great and is productive

Tate #2, smaller guy than the rest but probably has the strongest hands and is the fastest

Benn had an awful year....juice is to blame for that but still

Damien Williams is flying under the radar a bit, best bet for a USC prospect to be pro capable in a while

Lafell is a great prospect imo, hes just what i love (bowe-like) but this class for WRs is great....no way we have 5-6 WRs go in the first with a ton of great second/third round guys (lafell, mike williams, gilyard, shipley, jeremy williams, decker)

Mccoy doenst have the drive suh has, suh just plays with a non stop motor and a mean attitude, mccoy is the softer of the two. Suh would dominate in any position on the line in any scheme, i would only look at mccoy as a DT.

bigger programs dont mean jack crap when a player can ball like suh

agree

he will lay the crush quite a bit, get flagged quite a bit, look pretty intimidating over the middle....but he wont ever live up to the hype, hes got amazing speed, something that most safeties that cant cover dont have....but he just sucks in coverage regardless. he'll make a decent living at sitting 20 yards back and crushing some defenseless recievers

5. Jihad Joe

I also want to state that I have a bias againsts the Pseudo WAC (Big 12), giving people a refernce point as to why I may think so and so is overrated

Im speaking in terms of early rankings. I think people that have McCoy higher are doing so because he is an OU product. The only guy Ive seen do it so far is McShay, who also had Bradford going 7th overall......Hmmmmmm

I see McCoy as a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick depending on his offseason and team needs. But Suh is a serious candidate for #1 overall. It should be Berry, but look back at Megatron, it usually doesnt work that way

6. K Train

ok i thought you were saying mccoy was better than suh, i wanted to e-smack you

7. Jihad Joe

I think McShay just loves OU. Im gonna see how Scott Wirght has it

Suh, 1st overall, MCCoy 3rd overall

I would say his early mocks are typically goobered, but in honesty, If I did one now, it would be goobered too

This may be some hatefull crap, but does anyone want this hillbilly looking dude to be there QB

[​IMG]

8. K Train

isnt he like native american lol

1 person likes this.
  9. Jihad Joe

I dont care, he pee's his freaking pants

Wikipedia didnt say anything about "Native American"

I also owe you rep for basicly making me wikipedia Sam Bradford

10. K Train

well he looks kind of chinese but that didnt make sense, im assuming from his features hes part native american

btw HAHA

11. Jihad Joe

Im assuming his features come from the fact......nevermind

What do you think of the DB's collectively this year. CB is looking pretty weak after 3 strong seasons. IMO if you are looking for a CB this year, you missed the boat

12. K Train

not a fan...following up cromartie, joseph, revis, hall, mckelvin, DRC, talib, cason, flowers, davis, jenkins, butler, with joe haden and patrick robinson is disgusting especially since both those guys are second round prospects along with ghee and wilson imo.

berry is still the best corner prospect and it would be a crime to play him there

13. Jihad Joe

Ya, I see the same thing. Im think if you are needing a first round CB this year you really hecked up the last 4 drafts......all 2006 was very hit and miss

The Safety class is looking like it could be the best in a few years tho. Maybe not as deep as 2007, but better at the top

14. K Train

this year and last year were good for tackles

this year is good for conversion LBs

solid for QBs this year, real weak last year

RB is pretty weak this year...im waiting on alot of guys to declare though

top heavy safeties in the top 3 rounds, pathetic at corner

WR is very good....but not nearly as good as next year

best year for DTs in a while imo

15. Jihad Joe

Next year at WR may be historic. Right now Jones, Green and Floyd are worthy of top 5 selections, Baldwin isnt too far behind, and Deandre Brown will rebound from a poor sophmore year to be a Plax type prospect. I dont think Ive ever seen a draft with as much WR talent, especially at the top as next year

I see this year as the oppisite of last year at QB. This could be a solid draft to get a 2nd round QB, but only 1 maybe 2 (McCoy????) 1st rounder

Last year it was 3 1st rounders, and then nothing........absolutely nothing........Nate Davis nothing.......Stephan McGee nothing

particularly the 3-4

You could see 3 legit NT's in the first depending on Taylor rising and Dan Williams

16. K Train

cody, taylor and williams all will be first rounders, if not top 5 second rounders

17. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I'd love Dez to fall obviously but it aint happening, overall i know its early but these are just some horrible picks by him.

18. Jihad Joe

Im think Dez is a top 10 lock

19. i dont think Mays is that bad like you guys do. in the right system i think he can do damage. clearly playing with an awesome front 7 last year at USC disguised some of his shortcomings most notably his cover skills, but the guy can still play, maybe not top 10 pick but def in the 1st 2 rounds. he would be a poor fit as a Tampa 2 S but say if he played in 3-4 where or in a 4-3 system that gets tremendous pressure in which his shortcomings would be covered up, he could very well turn into a solid pro. i also dont think that Berry is a top 5 pick either, if you really watch him play, hes makes as many bad plays as good ones, basically Ed Reed, will get you the occasional TD but he isnt the greatest tackler and tends to run himself outta alot of plays, although i do think he will go higher than Mays...

20. Jihad Joe

The thing with Mayes that bothers me, and as a UConn fan you will get the comparision, is that he is the football equivilent to Hakim Warrik.

To me there is something wrong with an extremely gifted player that started for 4 years on a top program (USC more so than SU, but SU did get an NC when Hak was there) and still eneters the draft an underdeveloped player. Warrik's NBA career will have him as a decent role player on bad teams when he has the physical talent of a Shawn Marion. I can really see Mayes, being the same in the NFL. Im thinking Roy Williams, who was a guy that used freakish talent and killer instinct to decent player when he could have been great. I see Mayes being Roy Williams and Sean Taylor in the NFL