Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i dont think mays qualifies as a "killer instinct" type of guy.

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

CJ Spiller is a young Clinton Portis, you remember that Clinton Portis with Denver that was electrifying. Had speed and could catch. I had this comparison pegged over a year ago. I don't see why he can't be good in the NFL, I think he's climbed up most peoples boards which has me wondering why wasn't he ranked high on peoples boards initially? He hasn't changed at all since he was a frosh. Fast feet good speed and big play threat.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Just let me know who's the best O lineman please.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I've read that Spiller constantly tries to run to the edge rather than up the gut and shys away from contact if he can.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Okung at Ot and Iupati at OG.

5. if you really look at his stats, his 'big plays' are usually coming from special teams, im not saying he doesnt have big rushing games but his stats typically look like 80 rush yards, 140 return yards. to me, he is a smaller version of Reggie Bush

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He's alot different style runner than Bush, doesn't dance around as much. I don't really think that's an issue MJ.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You compared him to Portis, Portis was never really shy of contact.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

True but you never saw him initiate contact either, his speed was why he got all those yards he always outran guys. Portis now is a whole nother story.

9. K Train

portis is an awful comparison....please tell me your joking? chris johnson maybe, felix jones maybe, but portis?

10. hmm uses his speed to outrun everyone ??? sounds like Reggie Bush to me...

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Nah it's portis man, maybe your to young to remember Portis on the donkeys. He went to Washington and became a completely different running back. He changed running styles to cater to the coaches & team demands. Portis broke everything off tackle and was strictly north south runner.

Cool bolt, Bush is not a north south type running back and that among other things is why he freaking sucks in the NFL.

Ktrain I love your comparisons of him to Christ Johnson and Felix Jones, lol both guys that just came into the NFL and probably two of the backs that probably get alot of comparisons, it's like saying oh if this college running back has speed than he must be a second coming of Chris Johnson. If you don't see the Portis comparison thats fine. When Felix Jones finishes his runs hes hard to bring down, Spiller is elusive with little power.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Jahvid Best coming out for the draft. And once again here we go with another Chris Johnson comparison. Jesse Palmer just said it in espns little tidbit on the news.

If you'll recall I had him among my top running backs last year. http://gridironfans.com/forums/ncaa-football-forums/75758-top-10-rbs.html

1. SO LeSean McCoy - Pittsburgh
    2. JR C.J. Spiller - Clemson
    3. JR Chris Wells - Ohio State
    4. SO Jahvid Best - Cal
    5. SR Javon Ringer - Michigan St.

Call him Jahvid Beast lol. no but seriously he's probably going to rip up at the combine and make scouts overlook some of shortcomings.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im thinking Best and Spiller are the only first rounder's this year

I like Joe McKnight as a steal. One of those guys that will do more in the Pro's then in college....I mean USC does have 562 Five Star HB's

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont really know the players coming out of draft to well i dont follow college ball much but i would like to see the eagles go for a FS. Sean jones only has a 1 year deal and macho harris looks like he is gonna be a better corner then saftey. I dont think we have to many holes on our roster but FS seems to be our weakest point with dawkins gone. Any good FS that would be first rounders?

Got youtube videos of them?

15. Jihad Joe

Probably no one in the Eagles range

Berry will be a top 5 pick and Earl Thomas top 15

I really like Nate Allen, but I think he is a second rounder

16. K Train

hes not anything close to portis, its an idiotic comparison, portis is a solid 30 pounds more than spiller will ever be. i say johnson and jones because of recent trends in taking guys that arent really every down back but are slecected in the 20s anyway

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

once again why bother posting if you can't read in between the lines. As of right now it's a nine pound difference between the two backs when they came out for the draft, now mind you CJ Spiller will probably add a few pounds during the process of bulking up for the draft. So come draft day he'll probably be 200lbs. Making their weights almost exactly the same.

Yeah JJ I like McKnight as well, I'm just surprised he never put up better receiving numbers at USC.

18. Jihad Joe

Denver Portis I can see the comparison. Completely different back than he is now

I havent followed USC much, but it seems to me they have really mismanaged a loaded backfield the past few years. Former stud prospects like Marc Tyler, Gables, and Johnson, it jjst seems whoever was schemeing and calling the play's couldnt find the right mix

19. K Train

and once again spiller is nothing like portis....portis has always been known for amazing cutting ability and vision, and phenomenal blocking, some more things that makes them nothing alike since spiller is a weak blocker and is pure speed, not really elite vision

20. Jihad Joe

In Denver, Portis realied on pure speed, running alot more strtch and perimeter play's. Denver Portis and Washington Portis are Ying and Yang

Portis played at 195 in Denver, and playing at 220 now is why he has become ineffective. Portis is proof that the Redskins are the "Square Peg goes into Round Hole" Champions of the Universe

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Question........ altho it probobly doesnt have anything to do with this draft since Taylor should stay?

Who is a better Defensive Lineman on the next level

Phil Taylor or Terence Cody

Cody is the far better player now, but physically Taylor seems off the freaking map. However from what Ive heard from some Big 12 guys is that he needs to work on conditioning and consistency