Official Atlanta Falcons Thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, May 17, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with Omen and most of you guys on Vick. I thought he was a great raw talent. He could run and he could throw the crap out of the ball if he had to and make it look easy. However, I felt like he didn't really always understand the mental part of the game, the situational part of the game. Talent wise and physically, he could do it all. Mentally, not so much...

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

one thing i that did bother me is that he didnt have a line to protect him but he also gave up on the pass to quickly and took off he really disint check down his other WR

3. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

That's why I stated that if Reeves would have stayed he would have developed differently. I think Mora and Co. massaged his ego to the point that he felt he was already great. Reeves would have done the opposite. One of his best years was that second year when he first started. I'm not arguing that he was great, I'm just saying I think he could have been.

4. Omen

i agree with that too reeves woulda done a better job of developing Vick.

5. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Well, back to the land of the now. :icon_cool: Here is a video on the Matt Ryan signing, and an interview with Thomas Dimitroff by Adam Schefter.

Click Here To View Video

6. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

June 1st cuts today... hmmm... I wonder if they cut Vick, once and for all?

7. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Finneran? Horn? Milloy even? I can't think of any other big names that are possible.

8. happ

happ PECAVI

I doubt it, there's little financial incentive to do so until his suspension is lifted and they have all the appeals settled on his bonus money. Horn and Finneran may have cause to be worried, though.

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I think only one of them will go - for the moment - i think Horn will go and Finn be given a bit more time to povve what he can do. Where as Horn turned into a lil snitch

I can't see Milloy going until next year, i wouldn't really feel comfortable with Coleman and <insert name>(J-Will? DeCoud?)

As for Vick, wont he be something like $10M against the cap if we cut him, throw in Ryan's contract i dont think we can afford that kind of hit by any stretch of the imagination

10. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Well, I didn't realize his cap hit was still that large. Agreed.

11. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

That's the number that is seemingly thrown around all the time with him for the next year or 2 atleast.

As he is in jail and suspended indefinetly at the moment i don't see why we can't cut him with out suffering a dime on the cap

12. happ

happ PECAVI

The way I understand it, as long as he's suspended, we don't have to worry about his yearly salary, just his signing bonus. If we cut him, that signing bonus gets accelerated, instead of spreading across multiple years. If I were the Falcons, I would plead my case to Goodell to keep him suspended until the contract runs out, so that bonus can be spread out. I think that is the reason he won't be cut, unless the ruling on the bonus money gets reversed.

13. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Interesting thoughts, Happ.

14. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Really glad they got Harry Douglas signed. That kid is going to be this year's Wes Welker. Got a feeling! :icon_cool:

15. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

Agreed. I'm starting to think that he can battle for that second starting position on the depth chart. Jenkins is only getting that certain amount of playing time because of his height. We're hoping to develop that aspect in him this year so he can be a bigger endzone presence for us.

And hopefully, we get to see some solid pass protection this year from our new core of offensive linemen.

16. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

It is my understanding that he is battling for the slot position, or 3rd WR spot with Jenkins. In my opinion, White and Robinson have the 1 and 2 spots locked up.

You can bank on a better showing from the O line this year. All people will be saying is, "what a difference a year makes!" Mark my words. :icon_cool:

17. Omen

what about finneran i saw him the opther day at a arena game and he looked good and ready

18. happ

happ PECAVI

With his salary and being injured two consecutive years, they are looking to cut him loose. Jenkins fills the same need but is younger and costs less against the cap. I doubt we keep Finn around.

19. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Finn certainly exceeded everyone's expectations of him when he played. He's a steady, veteran target. But there is no way of knowing how he will play after two consecutive knee injuries like he had. I think the coaches put him through camp, but he gets the axe in the preseason. Personal opinion.

20. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

What does everyone think about C Doug Datish being released?