Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Might want to see a doc about that ktrain....lol.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

you swear?

YES!!! THATS AWESOME!!

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

4. Crowned

5. K Train

by mahans natural position...you mean bench right? cause that liitle cat gets raped on a weekly basis....he wont play next year

6. Crowned

But he played good for other teams as a gaurd, he just can't anchor the whole o-line which wasn't good in the first place, we will see i'm sure they will move him there and we will have to see if he beats out the others for the starting job. Like I said I still wanna bring Albert in.

7. K Train

i dunno man....mahan seems to be THAT guy...THAT guy that makes you better when he leaves. it was like having 4 lineman. get used to albert cause hes gonna be our #1 pick. unless by some grace of god chris williams is there. I want 2 lineman in the first 3 rounds...im liking albert and benedict....the line isnt in as bad as shape as its made out to be, but it looks a whole lot better after today

8. Crowned

Yea i seen u post benedict in another thread, I looked him up looks like a monster from a division ii school that will be overlooked by others, I woulnd't mad with them drafting him, With Mahan I don't care if he stays or go I know if he stays and hes starting though he better not be the weak link of that line again , and if he is its a good thing we focusing on drafting offensive linemen so we can throw them in there.

9. K Train

they interviewed benedict and he says he wants to be a steeler without question, he told reporters they want him to replace faneca lol. he could move to guard or i think would be a hell of a RT with LT potential

10. Crowned

Hell yea his 40 time was like 4.9 or something thats great , he could def play tackle speed wise .

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hartwig agreed to a two-year contract for almost $4 million, according to ESPN

Post Gazette Reports it...

Still would like Albert, but this gives them a little wiggle room in the draft now.

Count me in on this circle jerk. I busted it...

Same here...

I don't mind who the "3rd guy" is, but I want to address the line on both sides of the ball!

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I didn't bust anything. It does give the Steelers some room to work in the draft now. Nice move....I like it!!

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

So where is this Cap Room coming from???

14. K Train

im thinking we might go after merling or balmer, i like merling better but that need shot up my board with the hartwig signing. i think albert would be great but some dlineman would be good too....theres alot of different directions we could go...i think we might be surprised

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Won't mention the two positions I'd like to see them go after....ok I will.

Love to see them snag another RB. I really don't see Fast Willie lasting more than another year or two tops. Would love to see a "shutdown" corner too.

16. K Train

well we had some room, we cleaned up some space with the 2 resignings today and farrior took a big paycut yesterday. Now we need ward to redo his cause hes making entirely to much money for what hes producing.

and off topic, that bum polamalu better hit the weights and get back to his normal size and strength because we cant afford to make a vegan the highest paid safety in the league when hes weak and out of position 90% of the time and whiffs every tackle....expect some cap moves to be made there if he doesnt get his act together

willie parker will only ever be as good as his oline, hes not the kind of back thats just gonna make crap happen. i'd love to see chris johnson or felix jones in the second...and our corners are good...BUT polamalu is snitch and leaves them out to dry ALL THE TIME. i wish we'd just trade him. justin king in the second is an option too...thats a fast motherhecker

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wrote a little bit about Kevin Colbert's interview on NFL Radio in my Blog. He said the only two positions they WOULDN'T draft in the first round would be QB and TE.

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

The thing about Parker is that he's gonna get pounded on. I agree that our corners get hung out to dry because of the blitzes we run and if we don't get to the qb quick they get burned. That's why a shutdown corner would be nice.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wasn't aware of the Farrior paycut. Ward will be fine...trust me...:icon_wink: .

I like Polamalu too...but I understand what you are saying. While he's flying around, he needs to wrap his arms!

Unfortunately, I don't think Felix Jones will be around anywhere in the second. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Mike Hart in the later rounds. Everyone seems down on him, but the guy is the leading rusher in University of Michigan History. 1015 attempt, over 5000 yards and 41 TD's...

20. Crowned

Yea I need big things from Polamalu this season the main thing he needs to stay healthy last 2 years have been ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.