Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i like me some dexter jackson...who is also an explosive returner. and adarius bowman in the 4th possibly, he slipped because of his timed speed but hes a badass and ben snitches about a tall WR...bowman is a wr/te tweener, but would line up out wide and be a posession guy. and i'd bust a nut if we could get doucet in the second.

i wouldnt even count out taking one in the first they way our crazy staff is talking, but im pissed if its not kelly or sweed

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You know I'm a LSU fan so Doucet would be perfect in the slot next season I would also bust a nut.

3. K Train

nate and santonio on he outside and ward and doucet taking turns playing in the slot....nasty

4. Crowned

Hell yea I really doubt that happens though.. Either way I'll be happy with a solid o-linemen or a wild 2nd round pick as long as its worth it..

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I figure these could be the guys left at the 54 pick at the WR position...

Mario Manningham
    Devin Thomas
    Donnie Avery
    Earl Bennett
    LaVelle Hawkins

The rest of those guys are First Round Picks...maybe early second rounders...

The lineman would be:

Anthony Collins
    Carl Nicks
    Oniel Cousins
    Roy Schuening
    Heath Benedict
    John Greco

If they came out of the first two rounds with Malcom Kelly and Roy Schuening, I would not have a problem with that.

6. K Train

thomas and manningham wont be there...they MIGHT slip to the second but they will be taken before us.

Lavelle Hawkins>>>>Desean Jackson

7. Crowned

A quote from Cedrick Wilson.

Link: Here

You let us down 3 years ago buddy.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He made that catch in Cincinnati for the TD off the Randle El pbutt...for that one play, I am thankful.

He showed up during the Broncos Championship Game too...for that I am thankful.

I'm thankful he's gone now...

9. K Train

to bad ward was just as 20 yards open on that el pass lol...and my stomach wouldnt have dropped as much if ward got it lol

i will say this....the snitch has a hell of an arm, he lasered it on the one 2pt converstion last year

10. Crowned

:yeahthat2:

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

No crap...ask his ex girlfriend how strong his arm is...she'll verify...

That 2 point conversion could wind up as evidence against Wilson...

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wilson's release gives Steelers some salary cap breathing room
    Saturday, March 22, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Besides sending a message, the Steelers received something in return when they terminated the contract of wide receiver Cedrick Wilson hours after he was arrested for punching his former girlfriend Wednesday night.

They gained more than $2 million in salary cap room that might be used in signing a free agent or put toward signing one of their own players to a long-term contract.

As of yesterday, counting Wilson's Thursday release, the Steelers have $2.3 million in salary cap room after dipping to about $300,000 in room Wednesday.

Wilson was scheduled to earn a salary of $2,085,000 in 2008 but because it is not guaranteed, that money no longer has to be paid -- players receive their salaries during the regular season -- and the Steelers' salary cap was the immediate beneficiary.

The former Steelers receiver will still count $500,000 against their salary cap for 2008 because that represents the pro-rated portion of the $2 million signing bonus he received when he joined them as an unrestricted free agent from the San Francisco 49ers in 2005.

Saw this signature on one of the Steelers boards...

Could you imagine? Randle El, Burress, Ward and Holmes...man that would be unstoppable...oh well...one can dream...

[​IMG]

13. Crowned

Randle El was and still is a horrible receiver.

14. K Train

burress is to greedy and whines for the ball when we werent as pass happy. he is made of glass and never was one to give 100%. We moved on and won alot of games without him, i had high hopes for him but whatever hes doing alright now and so are we.

el was/is a punt returner...thats about all theres is to that

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't say Randle El was horrible...

He was a servicable 3rd guy...

Agree...

I'm saying in a fantasy world to have those 4 on one team at the same time...would be awesome.

16. K Train

personally i think holmes is a straight up badass and him and ward are just nasty.

i seen homles lay the heck out of kameron wimbley, who i think is top 5 in OLBs...it was awesome lol...and santonio is a little guy

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I love Holmes...I really want them to extend him asap...

18. K Train

hes not going anywhere, hes a steeler through and through

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hope so!!!

[​IMG]

20. K Train

sweet pic, im gonna make a sig out of that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.