Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

Damn this is a long thread. Will read through it a bit later. Glad to be here.

Here we Go

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Heres a little more info on the Hartwig signing.
    Source: http://www.steelers.com
    Link: http://news.steelers.com/article/87884/

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like this signing a lot...I would've rather had Faine, but I'm happy with this.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I see more and more mock drafts being released now with the Steelers taking Gosder Cherilus with their first pick...I don't like it. Cherilus is a good player, but I'm not sold that he's a First Round Pick...

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

thats because everyone wants alberts rod all of a sudden. Cherilus is a badass, hes a mean, mammoth tackle....i cant knock him for wanting to play on the right where hes more comfortable, but hes very very strong and his arms are as long as vines...its not like this team has a solid RT right now anyway, i think LT is a pretty overrated position, and im sure with some reps he will be able to play it better, but we could have picture perfect protection...a solid brick wall and ben would still roll all the way out to either side lol. One guy of sheer dominance on the oline makes everyone else better

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

In my perfect world, the Steelers first four rounds would go:

1 - Branden Albert - G/T - Virginia
    2 - Sam Baker - T - USC
    3 - Matt Forte - RB - Tulane
    4 - Jordy Nelson - WR - Kansas State

I wouldn't mind if Justin King landed in one of those 3 or 4 spots...maybe replace Matt Forte with Justin King...

Blitzblog Steelers

Yeah...I've seen Albert go real early and I've seen him land where the Steelers draft...which is what we are hoping for...

I don't know a lot about Cherilus. I know he's a monster at 6-7 and 320 and I saw he got a ton of penalties playing the left side. But if the only knock on him is that he can't play the left side, then big deal.

KTrain - do you think he's worth the first round pick if Albert is gone?

7. K Train

sam baker in the second would be awesome, in the first i would flip the heck out lol.

Cherilus was the guy i first targeted, i would be ok with him. His footwork just isnt good enough yet for the left, but he could dominate on the right.

My list for the first round goes

Williams, albert, Balmer, Merling, Sweed, Groves, cherilus, Talib.

I freaking cant stand otah, hes a fat slob, i would be furious at baker, but hes underacheived himself out of the first

I dont like forte or nelson, but RB is not a huge need, i think willie, davenport, moore and russel are all capable guys and i like russel alot. As for a WR i would prefer doucet or lavelle hawkins in the second. Wr is a need, not a huge one but i think it needs to be addressed fairly early.

If king is there in the second or third i would take that chance, but i think trae williams in the 3rd or 4th would be a better pick at CB.

So my second round looks like

Nicks, Baker, Avril, Doucet, hawkins, Laws, King as all possible picks

and maybe in the third

Crable, Moore, langford, cousins, williams, eric young, dexter jackson

just some thought, this would be so much easier if we knew which way they were leaning in the first, but the reality is they could go any direction except QB or TE

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like your picks as well...

I'd love to have Williams, but I think he'll be long gone! Was thinking possibly Doucet in the second, but think he'll be gone before it gets back around to the Steelers pick. I agree that RB is not a true need at all...hence the reason I'd rather plug King in that 3 spot rather than Forte. I'm not a real bug Dexter Jackson fan, but I'd be open to him...

9. K Train

i think anyone from appalatian state is just a straight up badass lol, he would be a great returner for us.

if we were gonna go after a RB somewhat early i would make it rice or slaton

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

i fugured those two would've been selected by our 3rd pick...

11. Crowned

I doubt both Rice and Slaton will be gone before our 3rd round pick and there both wildcards who can either explode or be a bust in the NFL it'd be a good risk if we did choose a RB like that in the 3rd.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Slaton could be a real nice pick at that 3 spot...I still think I'd rather see a CB at that pick...

13. Crowned

u make that sig in paint or something son ewwie.. that thing ugly (no offense dawg)

I made this sig a while back in early 06, I believe (NiN Tool NiN used to be my aim screenname, and DFENSEBLITZ was my EA name on madden 04/05/06.)

[​IMG]

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. I used Adobe Fireworks. Thanks for the critique. I like mine.

15. Crowned

yea thats all that matters, you like it.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers grab Owen Schmitt instead of a HB.

17. K Train

we just cut owen schmitt...he wore #35 and went by dan kreider....carey davis is good for us

18. Crowned

we been running alot more single back stuff haven't been pounding behind a fullback as of later we will see if that changes.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Carey Davis hasn't been the blocker that Dan Kreider was. Not even close. Maybe it will come with time...we'll see.

A lot of that single set back stuff just failed last season...whenever there was a FB in there to block, they were much more successful with the run. Aside from the O-Line, that was one of my biggest gripes about the Offense last season.

20. Crowned

About the Steelers cap space room.

Link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.