Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I read that last week. Kirwan knows his crap and is great on the Radio.

Something that he failed to mention is that if they sign Max Starks to a longer deal, that 7 million cap hit could come down a little to a lot pending how his deal is structured...right? Maybe I'm wrong...

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Link

Link

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

This alone gets me excited!

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im thinking Dline and LB are a more likely first round pick now that everyone wants alberts rod. Look for groves or balmer/merling even though i would rather take moore, laws and langford in the later rounds.

I honestly think groves or one of the big Wrs are gonna be our pick this year. cherilus or talib are options too though

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah K-Train...with Albert looking to be gone by the 23 pick, I think it just opens the door really wide for another position. Which I'd rather them take the better player than reaching for a "2nd Round" O-Lineman in the first...

6. K Train

they wont reach, its not our style...best player available. the love pass rushers so groves would be nice, ben gets hard for black dudes over 6-3 so thats an option, cherilus....meh i like him and all but i dont know about him at 23. Balmer and merling could be good options, but can they play in a 34? alot of questions...i better not be pissed off come draft day lol

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hear you. I think Merling could possibly be gone by the time it gets to the Steelers. I think he is a risky pick. He didn't work out at the combine right?!? He also had hernia surgery last month. The more I read about Merling, the more I don't know if I would like that pick if he was available.

8. K Train

hes a force though. i dunno, balmer is a tank, hes huge and weighs over 300 pounds of muscle, hes a good option its just alot of dudes cant handle being a 34 DE

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Should be interesting...I'm still pulling for Albert...

10. K Train

whoevers been pimping him so much can die in a fire, now everyone wants him lol

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Feelings on Safety, Kenny Phillips out of the U. First Round?

He could be a nice fit for the Eagles. If he's there at 23 and the O-Linemen are gone...

13. Crowned

If we went anywhere but o-line in the first round I wouldn't be able to tell you my feelings until I see our o-line perform next season.

14. K Train

no thanks, the secondary isnt in that bad of shape. dline, oline and WR are much more immediate needs. phillips is kinda slow anyway

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

They could "reach" for an O-Lineman and heck everything up. All I hope is that if the O-Linemen are gone, to take the best athlete. Which they are usually really good at...

16. K Train

they havent really hecked up bad since troy edwards in 99 so i have faith

17. Crowned

Source: Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

meh...

19. Crowned

Link