Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Mendenhall....i love it, i seriously freaking love it. Best player available is always the way to go and theres no way he should have been there. Now we have a badass in the backfield, something we havent had in a while lol

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Very happy that Mendenhall is a Steeler. Excellent choice. This guy has a total package and can carry the load.

3. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT HIM I HOPE HES WORTH NUMBER ONE!

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Mendenhall + Sweed I love that I just really hope the moves we make in our offensive line during the off-season are enough since obviously we won't be addressing it via the draft since all the good OTs went quick as crap.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

our oline is in decent shape and dont be surprised at carl nicks or barry richardson tomorrow

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Doesn't always have to be a huge name to be a steady o-lineman. I like the first two picks. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Good first day of the draft for the Steelers.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

especially at guard, there are plenty of guys that get taken late that turn out great, plus a guy like Tony Hills is still out there for tackles

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Loved Day One.

I love the pick. I was hesitant at first, but within 10 minutes, I loved it. Limas Sweed? Awesome. They definitely got the best value for their picks. I love that they took the best available player in Mendenhall with their pick.

I heard an interview with Tomlin and they had a chart with 15 players on it. If all of those players were gone, they were going to trade out of that spot and down into the second round. He said that when Dallas picked Felix Jones, their war room erupted in cheer that Mendenhall was still available. He did say they got a few offers for that 23 pick.

ABSOLUTELY loved the Limas Sweed pick. The guy could be the best WR in the draft!

Today I am looking for a little secondary help. Maybe a Tom Zbikowski after they trade Polamalu away. Wouldn't mind Reggie Smith or perhaps a Justin King at CB. Even that kid from Iowa, Godfrey.

I still want to see them draft an O-lineman. Roy Schuening is still available at G - I was reading up on him. He's not a bad player. Could possibly be the second rated guard in the draft. He's Albert's size, very durable. Need a little work. As a bonus, he's got one of those "Steelers Names."

:TTW:

10. Crowned

Source: steelers.com

I'm thinking in a few seasons we will look back on this as a key pick, don't know why he just feels like a wildcard pick that will pay off.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

LINK:http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tony-hills?id=258

Looks like a pick with possibilities but it does look like he's had some tough luck with injuries. Addressed the o-line need though.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's hope he got the injury bug out of his system...

Looks like a lot of potential in Hills.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Doesn't look like a bug just some really tough luck. Blew out a knee in high school and broken leg in college. Doesn't sound like nagging injuries just two really bad ones.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well let's hope he's gotten all his "injuries" out of his system.

I really really like the Steelers draft so far...exceptional!

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Agreed 86...nice draft on paper.

16. Crowned

I want Steelers to get Trae Williams here

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Has Schuening been taken? Everything I've read has him ranked as the Number 2 Guard in the draft...

I wouldn't mind Williams though...

18. Crowned

No he hasn't been drafted yet.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I am not a big fan of the Dennis Dixon pick...

There were better players that would've added better depth than taking Dixon...

20. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

More of the same. Decent day one, complete collapse in day 2.

Almost completely ignored both lines. Waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.