Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I can't wait to see what Sweed and Mendenhall do.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sweed...the WR the Titans would have taken ONE spot after the Steelers did....:icon_frown:

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

gotta get them signed first lol.

yeah the skins were one pick below us with quentin groves and sweed still on the board, we considered them both in the first it was a good feeling to have lol, then the jags traded up and got groves...but it was a win win situation for us

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

2 DAYS!

5. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

:icon_cheesygrin:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Everyone in camp on Sunday!! I can't wait!!!

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, the first running back selected by the Steelers in the first round of the NFL Draft in 19 years, sat down for a chat with the Trib's John Harris:

Q: Three traits you'd love to borrow from other running backs?
    story continues below

A:
    The speed of 'Fast' Willie (Parker). LaDainian Tomlinson's feet. Brian Westbrook's elusiveness.

For More Q & A - check out the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

9 Players did not practice and Tomlin said they were all day to day...

The starters were Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison (groin), cornerback Deshea Townsend (groin), defensive end Brett Keisel (groin), guard Kendall Simmons (shoulder) and left tackle Marvel Smith (back). Also missing practice were wide receiver Limas Sweed (hamstring), linebacker Mike Humpal (hamstring), tight end Dezmond Sherrod (neck) and linebacker Anthony Trucks (back).

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

For those of you who missed the Steelers/Eagles game...

I posted a brief RECAP with some comments in my blog...

10. K Train

good stuff, thanks

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

No problem.

I am very pleased with the Offense...Defense...not so much...

12. K Train

im not to worried about it....they were switching players in and out and the defense is never great in preseason.

did mcbean play?

timmons is awesome in coverage, that man can run with the fastest players

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Timmons was all over the field...not necessarily making the plays, but he was right there. McBean was in on a few plays but I wasn't really focusing on him. I tried to watch the rookies, the lines and the DB's.

14. K Train

hills looked like a freaking monster out there....i really like him for next year, sweed is a freaking rockstar and special teams did ok....im liking mendenhall and moore on KR duty. starks is a freaking idiot he needs to go cause im sick of his mammoth butt roding us around

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah, Hills looked likea monster. The return game was alright, but the punter needs some work. He had a 52 and a 49 yard punt and then he also had a 28, 40 and I think 39...andmaybe one other...shakey at best...

16. K Train

he was beast on kickoff at least

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

True.

18. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

Mendenhall looked Ok. He must have some decent top end speed because I have not heard about a lack of speed, but He does not hit the hole quickly. He looks like a Deep I back who is used to Picking his running routes before committing to anything. No surprise almost all of his college highlights come from the spread formation.

Having him in the backfield really made the O look like the Bettis days. Much more slow developing plays. He seem to prefer Off-tackle runs with pulling guards. I now understand the hoopla about his failures at the gaol line drills. If the Games started tomorrow he would not dress except for his draft ranking.

Dixon looked good considering how bad he has been at camp. Might be one of those guys that always practice badly. Quite the quick release. Not your usual wind up that you see from many Athlete/QB's.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mendenhall will be fine. It was his first NFL game action, so you expect him to be hesitant a little bit. He put up some nice numbers...for what it was. It'll be a problem if he is hesitating in Week Two or Three of the Regular Season.

I noticed that about Dixon too, His release is a little weird and his footwork looks different than a "normal" QB. But I liked some of the decisions he made and didn't make...by throwing the ball away. Very elusive. He looked like he had potential.

I was most impressed by Sweed.

20. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I had to go to work and didn't see all of the second half...Did Sweed have any more catches than the first one I saw where he kind of did a flip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.