Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:rollinglaugh:

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jeff Reed is money...

10-9.

Reed hits another...12-10 VICTORY!:Gosteelers:

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

All this talk about Mendenhall is dumb cause we all know that when it comes to Sunday's Willie Parker is going to be back doing his thing free willy style. Mendenhall will be fine he just needs to learn how to be an effective RB in the NFL.

5. Crowned

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

why the hell would you be so high on willie

7. Crowned

I heard the Steelers were lookin at Usain Bolt for kick returns...

just kidding of course

8. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

lol...Wouldn't that be great..

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Those "sprinter" guys have been offered contracts by teams in the past...

10. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Alright, who do you think we should keep as a QB? Batch, Leftwich, or Dixon? I think Dixon has shown that he can be a backup that could be used like 'Slash' was. We could throw him in there and wouldn't know if he would run the ball or not.
    Leftwich has me puzzled. He has looked good so far, but if Batch is recovering like they say he is, do we really need to keep Leftwich. Or do we keep Leftwich and let Batch go, seeing as his career will be ending soon anyway?

11. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I was wondering about that also...what to do when Batch returns. Dixon, for sure, has done a pretty good job and should stick around and something is telling me that the Steelers are going to keep Leftwich.

12. K Train

batch is washed up, he showed that in the game vs balitmore last year...his time is almost certainly done in pittsburgh

13. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I believe you are right.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Batch is servicable in the short term...if Roethlisberger is out for an extended period of time, Leftwich would be better. However, I'd forego both of those clowns for Dennis Dixon any day of the week. He's going to be a hell of a player when he gets a chance...

15. Crowned

I'd rather have Byron at #2 over Dixon at this time at least..

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

At this time...but future, Dixon stays...

17. K Train

tomlin is looking like a genius so far with the dixon pick, the dude is a baller

18. Crowned

I'm guessing you didn't catch any of the pre-season games, you probably just seen the bootleg highlight.. 95% of Dixons throws were extremly inaccurate, Give him a year or 2 to learn the offense and what not but he hasn't been playing like a "baller"

19. K Train

i saw the games, and for a running QB coming out of college playing primarily in a spread offense hes done very well....theres nothing wrong with a QB playing small ball in a preseason game, he doesnt have to stretch the field tom brady style but hes definietly coming along nicely for what he is. i was pissed at the pick at first but hes grown on me really quick

20. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

I agree that you can't call him a baller. Show more of a QB with more accuracy. The scrambling ability is great, but in the long run, we would need someone who could complete some passes. He is going to improve and be Slash type of player. lets hope a little better than the end of Kordell's stay in the burgh.

Anyone pumped for the final preseason game tonight? I look forward to seeing more of Byron and Dixon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.