Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i personally think hes gonna be real sharp when he gets back...i kind think he'll go apecrap and have his best season (proportionally - 4 games) hes in really good shape and should be pretty pissed off.

this week should be a heart attack, im real interested in seeing pouncey stonewall gregg all day, but pouncey vs ngata should be epic. mendenhall his gonna love pounceys abililty to crush the Lbs at the second level

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

historically pouncey vs cody hasnt been a fair matchup

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I without a doubt think he will return and be great, he's slimmed down and had alot of zip on the ball in pre-season.

3. K Train

he almost HAS to play well now too, hes got to be so motivated with them 3-0 and possibly going 4-0....he doesnt have to come in and be the savior

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ben has always been an anomaly when it comes to playing QB in the NFL since the day he put on a Steelers uniform. I'm not surprised if he comes in and tears it up from pass number one. He was solid in preseason and there's no doubt he's going to come out pissed and gunning to destroy the Browns.

I'll be starting him on my fantasy team over Peyton that week...:icon_cheesygrin:

5. Crowned

cmon son, you're pushing it lol.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a chance...Peyton's gotta go up against DeAngelo Hall and tat tough, tough Redskins Defense that week...lol...

7. Crowned

Ben will put up fantasy numbers that week though, just never bench Peyton except his bye of course lol, and even then you may not want to

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...I know...

9. boston_aloha

boston_aloha Rookie

I like Pitt to take down Balt this week. Amazing how well that defense plays.

Do you think the return of Ben will "shake" things up at all, or do you think he will come in and everything will run as smooth, if not better?

10. Crowned

Source

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:rocker:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Roethlisberger showed no rustiness or lack of rhythm in his first practice since training camp, zipping passes throughout a 30-minute passing drill that was incorporated into the practice to quickly get him and his receivers back in sync.

"It was a good step, and I don't think it'll take as long as I thought," Roethlisberger said.

"It normally takes a while to get going out there, but it felt pretty good," Roethlisberger said. "I knew that my arm would be good. I knew it would be strong, and I knew it would feel good. It's just a matter of working with the guys."

Roethlisberger looks sharp, strong in 1st practice - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

13. K Train

anyone see how completely terrible evander was on sunday?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rashard Mendenhall is second in the NFL with 89 carries through four games; he is on pace for 356. No Steelers running back has had that workload since Jerome Bettis, who carried the ball 375 times in 1997. "Whatever I am asked to do," Mendenhall said. "Every game is going to be different. Every situation is different." Mendenhall had 261 carries in his first two years combined. The most he had at Illinois was 262 during his breakout junior year.

Steelers' bye-week practices more physical than usual - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

15. Crowned

Interested in your guys' predictions on these next few games, tough set here.

@ Miami (3-2)
    @ New Orleans (4-2)
    @ Cincinnati (2-3)
    New England (4-1)

I'm having a hard time deciding, but this is what I'm thinking.

@ Miami (3-2) W
    @ New Orleans (4-2) W
    @ Cincinnati (2-3) W
    New England (4-1) L

Dunno why but the only loss I got is the home game lmao, very possible we lose to N.O but me being here in Louisiana heck that, I want to win so bad.

16. K Train

i wouldnt be surprised if ben didnt lose a game all year.....but we all know the steelers crap the bed for a game or 3 (in a row) all the time.

i want that NE win BAD lol, id rather lose to new orleans....who cares, one NFC loss isnt the end of the world

17. Crowned

Yea it's not but understand my position lol, It's like when you want to walk the streets when the Phillies lose.

18. K Train

truth lol

19. Crowned

Plus if the Steelers lose I'll hear about it every day until we beat them Saints, no matter what happens. So I'd rather win, and be the one talking crap every day. Truth be told if the Saints were to spread us out every play we will lose, hope they don't realize that.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

@ Miami (3-2) W
    @ New Orleans (4-2) L
    @ Cincinnati (2-3) W
    New England (4-1) W

This is a gauntlet of games and they could go anywhere from the extremes of 1-3 to 4-0. A win or a loss in any of these games would not surprise me but I think they go 3-1, maybe 2-2 and the worst. I could totally see them lay an egg in Miami and then win in New Orleans...

Like KTrain said, they're always good for a crap the bed game every now and again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.