Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The injury to Aaron Smith is going to to hurt, we are so thin at defensive ends right now. Truth be told the defense still played at a high level last season without Smith just couldn't close games, now if that was due to Smith's absence or not we should find out as we move along.

Woodleys hamstring injury? Not sure the extent of that, Worilds came in and provided pressure every play I seen him in the game but he seems like a one trick pony just a deep loop around the tackle it payed off yesterday though. If Woodley continues to play lazy I don't want him back anyways.

Will Worilds start against the Saints, or will they move Timmons to ROLB and start Farrior and Foote inside? (FML).

Offense is starting to shape up, Mendenhall was spelled out alot more then usual yesterday, I'm ready for Sunday night Brees and the Saints will want to take their loss to the Browns out on us. I'll be in New Orleans on Bourbon street watching didn't grab tickets to the game though too damn expensive.

2. Crowned

Re-visiting yesterdays thought, If Woodley can't go Sunday they better start Worilds outside as opposed to starting Timmons outside and Farrior-Foote inside that will piss me the heck off.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Sounds like that will be the case, Timmons will start outside but move inside on passing downs and Worilds will be brought in to get after Brees.

3. Crowned

Asked Ed Bouchette a question for you today K Train. This was his from his chat earlier.

1:41 [Comment From Crowned Crowned : ]
    Is Thaddeus Gibson that bad? I can think of 4-5 people I'd cut before him, I expected him to be James Harrison's eventual replacement.
    Tuesday November 2, 2010 1:41 Crowned

1:42 Ed Bouchette: I felt the same way, but here is the bottom line: The coaches are the last ones who want to cut promising talent and if they thought Gibson was going to be that good, they would have found a way to keep him, even if they had to kick him in the knee and put him on IR.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think its them being stubborn.

they could have easily cut 6 other players that would not have been picked up....battle, el, hills, batch, redman, foster....gibson was a victim of his draft status, worilds got the nod by default.

he wasnt pro ready, he should have stayed in school....but we wouldnt have gotten him in the 4th next year.

i wish he would have been better on ST, hes so big, so fast, and so strong....not sure what the problem there was

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He never really showed anything. I got to agree...I wish he was better on ST as well. I'd love to have seen him hang around and develop. You've got to think that Hills and Foster don't come close to that list b/c of the injury problems that they've had on the O-Line all season. Redman they love.

Battle, El, Batch - easily let go before Gibson. Definitely Battle...

Good question Crowned.

6. Crowned

They didn't want to cut Battle because of his special teams play.

Randle El, because they like him for some reason.

and Batch so we don't only have 2 quarterbacks on the roster. McLendon will be here at least until Smith is ready.

I also wish Gibson could have secured his spot on the team with special teams play, I'm happy with the future between Worilds and Sylvester though.

7. K Train

battle has an electrifying 2 ST tackles in 8 games

8. Crowned

That's what the team says so take it up with them.

9. Crowned

Now they're saying Starks may miss the whole season man heck my life.

10. K Train

essex is the new LT if thats the case.....MAYBE hills

foster or legs at RG again i guess

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Surgery or not, doesn't sound good...

12. Crowned

They won't show Foster no love

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Flo hasn't been taking penalties that's good. More Mendenhall please.

14. Crowned

Flozell has been awesome man, he just is getting injured like once a game but he's been bouncing back.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol is his still playing at pro bowl level? I saw him in one game and he didn't take any penalties.

16. Crowned

Not many pressures come from his side, I'm extremely happy with his production.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Flo still takes a token penalty here and there but overall he's been solid so far. Aside from the small injury here and there...but that seems to be the O-Line's story this season...

*knocks on wood.*

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't imagine they would put Hills in there after his disaster in Tennessee. He wasn't good. Chris Scott got signed today off the PUP. I'm seeing that Jonathon Scott is the leading candidate to be put out there to replace Starks.

19. Crowned

Foster getting the nod at LG this week :ttw:

20. Crowned

Kemo practiced fully today.

Polamalu and Eason both missed practice again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.